PLease can some one shed some light urgently, much appreciated!

vinten5

Reaction score
hi all, i know this has been done a million times but i cant find it anywhere.

Im wondering where abouts behind the glovebox i can put the bluetooth module? as im doing the retorfit to my rns-e and its all done except where to put this damn box.

it wont fit behind the rns-e as the card holder is different on the pre-facelift and i havnt got the box to put it under the seat.

if anyone could take a pic or help that would be great, this is all thats stopping me now :(

Ian

Don't fit it behind the glovebox, there isn't much room.

If you want to do it the factory way it should sit under the drivers seat. If you don't want to do that then remove the lower dash from around the steering wheel area and hide it up in there.

If it's a genuine Audi module ( in a galvanised steel box ) then it fits in a recess under the passenger seat (sorry Cruiser89 - NOT drivers seat !! ) which will need a wiring loom and microphone cable feeding through the door and pillar trim up into the central courtesy light.

The module sits under passenger seat in a plastic box about £20-30 from audi, but I dont use this in 99% of my installs as people find it hard enough to pay for BT system let alone the box, so there is in place a foam part that sits in that space when no BT unit is fitted to the car, so, I mod this by cutouts, epoxy & bubble wrap to hold BT unit in place.

I dont ever fit behind rns or behind glovebox & certainly wouldnt fit in the trim behind steering column.

Reactions: N8
The module sits under passenger seat in a plastic box about £20-30 from audi, but I dont use this in 99% of my installs as people find it hard enough to pay for BT system let alone the box, so there is in place a foam part that sits in that space when no BT unit is fitted to the car, so, I mod this by cutouts, epoxy & bubble wrap to hold BT unit in place.

I dont ever fit behind rns or behind glovebox & certainly wouldnt fit in the trim behind steering column.

The professional way to do it - only to be expected I would say !!:icon_thumright:

If it's a genuine Audi module ( in a galvanised steel box ) then it fits in a recess under the passenger seat (sorry Cruiser89 - NOT drivers seat !! ) which will need a wiring loom and microphone cable feeding through the door and pillar trim up into the central courtesy light.

Sorry my bad.

VWs sit under the drivers seat. And referring to where we place the Fiscon units. Got a bit trigger happy.

Last edited: