Please help me even the garage can fix my A3

OliS

Reaction score
Please please can anyone help me with this...

I have a 53 plate 2.0Tdi A3. The orange emmisions light on the dashboard keeps going on and off every few days and despite many many attempts no one seems to know whats wrong.

Can anyone help ?

The code that always comes up is...

P0401 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Insufficient Detected

So far the EGR valve has been changed the mass air flow has been changed along with the sensor. All the pipes have been cleaned out and the diaphram on the valves have been checked and has been shown to be working.

This may or may not be linked to the above problem but...
The car also seems to stutter occasionally at around 2,000 rpm in the higher gears but only when the throttle is somewhere between 10-90% on. At either off or full this does not happen. This would seem consistent with an EGR problem as the EGR valve doesn't operate when at idle or max power. Also once the revs increase the stuttering goes away again.

As I have now spend hundreds of pounds and my Credit Card is now struggling a little with the strain please please can anyone offer a suggestion that might resolve the issue?

Hi, I know this post is over a month old but, it seems to be the same problem I had with my A3 2.0TDI. They ended up replacing one of the injectors and the wiring loom to it. (so they told me)