please help. Need headlight connector(harness plug) wiring possitions/function !!

nick barkins

Reaction score
hey guys-

so someone cut my headlight harness right where it plugs into the headlight.

so i need to know which color plug does what(high/low beam, led/drl,turn signals etc)

and

need to know which number on the clip each wire goes into please.

if anyone has a cut harness id buy it right awat.

ty so much!

Welcome to the site.

Who would do such a thing, thieves I guess.

When you say right at the connector, how much wire is there to solder too?

first and foremost thanks so much for the welcome! its wonderful that there is such a nice community for the audi enthusiasts.

yea, thieves exactly :-/

thankfully on the harness there is a good amount of wire left to work with, a good 6 inches.

looks like they clipped it right at the light (which was dumb because they easily could have just un-clipped the damn connector from the light instead of cutting it)

so i need to find a set of cut harness's that have the plugs still, or else i guess im forced to by the kufatech adapter and cut the halogen adapter side off so i can use the xenon clip to clip back into my headlights.

i still will need to know which color wire does what since the kufatech is not properly color coded (it does have the numbers on the clip which is good so once i know the proper wire color;function i can know where in the plug it goes hopefully)

i will pay you for your help on this if needed.

ty so much again!