Please Help - ****** roof problems

Barraboy

Reaction score
Hi all,

got a 2005 A4 Cab and roof has stopped working randomly. Basically the windows drop, roof lifts but stops where the rear storage compartment does not open then flashing on the dash.Managed to borrow a Snap On solus and cleared all codes and re-run the scan and 01992 fault code Top Compartment Latch Switch (F293). I managed to test the microswitch on the nearside which I believe is f293 and tested - working OK. Not sure what else to do - have taken out pump and checked oil level, cleaned motor brushes and pit back together, checked potentiometer which seems ok and dont know what to look at next? Please help.

Attachments

• 85BDBE5F-C22D-4200-B517-5558B8FE34BE.jpeg
    85BDBE5F-C22D-4200-B517-5558B8FE34BE.jpeg
    177 KB · Views: 101
I would say if the switch is working itself then it may be to do with the feed to / or return from the switch?

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

I would say if the switch is working itself then it may be to do with the feed to / or return from the switch?

Good shout - all connectors which are visible are good.

It'll be a control module of some description which interprets the signal so that may be the issue if the path is ok, either that or a broken wire.

Reactions: Barraboy
Try replacing the impeller that the motor turns. Had a similar issue with the top only opening a few inches and there were codes of switch failings. replaced my pump and the top works fine. Checked the pump and it works, so my issue may have been the impeller being old and plastic...