Help Please Please help took my s4 for remap

Chipmunk73

Reaction score
Hi :) just took my 2015 s4 for remap by quantum franchise dealer.. to my disappointment was told few hours later it couldnt be done as ecu would need to come off and be opened and couldnt be done with a straight forward plug in process as a code was needed.. is there any known reliable advanced remapping company out there who can remap without taking my ecu apart??
Any help appreciated

Varies depending on kit used by tuners.
If you PM registration I can advise if our kit will work, so you can source a tuner with same setup.

MRC, Unicorn, APR, Revo, Celtic (I think). You have a CREC engine which requires a different tune.

Reactions: Chipmunk73
Your car:
3.0 TFSI 245KW CREC SIM16 CAN

Which can be done without ECM removal.

Reactions: Chipmunk73 and jdp1962
Thanks for great info i was just reading a thread about unicorn having new software and my model being 'crec' i did look on revo website which also stated there was a problem mapping s4 from march 2015... exact month mine registered.. will pm now

@Chipmunk73 - I'm not sure from your post which tuner you plan to use, but be aware that there are stages of tuning, and also the car can benefit from a TCU (gearbox remap). Let us know if you'd like to discuss the options before you commit to anything.

Reactions: Chipmunk73 and RS5 JON
Thats it.. i am trying to find out through site which is best option to start my first re map. I also hearing a lot of talk about gearbox re map to go along side ecu remap i could do with someone within 50 miles radius of wa10 . St helens merseyside

All in all decided the revo to pricey 699+ vat and would only be a franchised dealer... unicorn seems like i will get a personal service and very well recommended .. i noticed price stage 1 was 500
Stage 2 600?
So would customer pay 1100 go to stage 2?? Thanks:)

Or stage2 mean you would need upgraded air intake or other things etc b4 stage 2 performed thx

Or stage2 mean you would need upgraded air intake or other things etc b4 stage 2 performed thx
Stage 2 means a new supercharger pulley (smaller so it spins more quickly) and replacement drive belt, as well as the air intake and map.

Reactions: Chipmunk73
Yes that was the info ide come across+along with a new set of pipes would be cream on the cake:) think ill just ease in settle on a stage 1 remap from unicorn and enjoy it for few months while i put a plan in progress for stage 2 .. thanks a bunch guys

Yes that was the info ide come across+along with a new set of pipes would be cream on the cake:) think ill just ease in settle on a stage 1 remap from unicorn and enjoy it for few months while i put a plan in progress for stage 2 .. thanks a bunch guys

Don't forget to post a write up. We all like to hear how it turned out. Thanks in advance. :)

Sure i just in contact with unicorn..(Rick) waiting on a few details about general time scale so i can see when i can pop down;)

I’m running stage one at the moment. Here’s my rolling road dyno run results. The green run was on the OEM air filter, the red run was on a Revo filter; no other hardware changes.

74E1F1B6 4AAF 43B7 9CF6 82306CD4D897

Reactions: DieselJake
Looks great just posted a thread about lag in s4 when when put foot down at 20-25 .. just doesnt pin to my seat me like my s3 use to.. sooner i get map the better 385 sounds like where the car should be .. which filter you stick with?

Sounds like you got good result.. no problems to mention? ..does your s4 feel lot more responsive now.. did mpg stay same improve or drop slightly.. thx jdp

I’m running stage one at the moment. Here’s my rolling road dyno run results. The green run was on the OEM air filter, the red run was on a Revo filter; no other hardware changes.

View attachment 153212

Blimey what a result!

I presume it's the one like this?
cb2d8f7b19b619069e6649e71458cbad.jpg

Guessing the dyno was with the bonnet closed and a fan?

I know allot of people bad mouth aftermarket filters relocated like that and say they pull in hot air, etc but I suppose the larger diameter and original feed are what added the power? (or otherwise? VERY interested to hear peoples thoughts on this)

Blimey what a result!

I presume it's the one like this?
cb2d8f7b19b619069e6649e71458cbad.jpg

Guessing the dyno was with the bonnet closed and a fan?

I know allot of people bad mouth aftermarket filters relocated like that and say they pull in hot air, etc but I suppose the larger diameter and original feed are what added the power? (or otherwise? VERY interested to hear peoples thoughts on this)
No, just a Revo filter in the standard housing .