Please Help!!!

stevehooper

A4 2.0T FSI QUATTRO S-LINE SE
Reaction score
Website
www.stevehooper4u.com
Hi All

I was hoping that one or some of you chaps might be able to help me?

I have recently purchased a 2006/06 Audi A4 2.0T FSI Quattro. Its fully loaded with leather, sat nav, bose, fridge, black pack and ive recently added 19" new shape RS4's to her.

But i really need some good advice - i find her a little sluggish in comparison to my previous car, a BMW 330 Ci M Sport, and want to try and increase both the BHP and torque etc. Can you tell me which is the best company for chip remaps? How much bhp/torque am i likely to gain? Are there any other options to increase power that dont involve major engine mods?

I also want to lower the car so she sits better over the 19's - but dont want a really harsh ride and dont really want the alloys disappearing under the arches like a boy racer but DO want the car to go low enough to look like its been lowered if that makes sense?? What spring options can you recommend??

Also - i really want to add a body kit to her - i especially want some nice but subtle side skirts and a front and rear bumpers etc. I quite liked a Reiger RS kit that i saw on an 04 avant - but when i did a google search on Reiger all i found were kits for older models than mine. I believe mine is called the B7 model - is that right??

So where can i go to find different body kit options for my model???

Will the new shape RS4 kit fit straight onto my car?? I dont like the front bumper on the RS4 because you lose the fog lights and i want to keep the fog lights - but i love the rear bumper on the RS4 - will that fit straight on??

Can i get an RS4 exhaust/rear silencer to fit straight on mine?? Or am i better going for say a Miltek exhaust?? I dont really want to spend fortunes but would like nice big silencers to go with a big fat bumper!!

Sorry to ask so many questions but if you can answer them and put me in touch with people that can do the work for me id be eternally grateful!!

Many thanks

Steve Hooper​

Steve,

I'm afraid IMHO you're not going to be able to replace the power of your 3.0litre BMW with a 2.0litre (albeit turbo) Audi. The Audi, especially with all the bells and whistles is a fairly heavy beast.

I guess if you're missing the oomph you may have to trade up to the 3.2Fsi or even the 4.2.

I had a 99 Scooby (2.0 litre turbo) (light weight car - no fancy bits) and have gone to an A6 3.2Fsi. The Audi is still nowhere near as quick (only on top line speed) but that's the payoff for comfort for me.

Hope you get some responses from A4 owners who have tweaked and fiddled but I still say the old power to weight ratio is the killer here.

Cheers

Ed.

Thanks for your reply Ed - i hear what you are saying - the BMW had a lot of grunt and was incredibly smooth - but although i do miss it at times i wouldnt change my A4 back for it. Like you i now prefer the comfort etc of the Audi - perhaps im getting old!!!? Im fairly sure a remap will give me the little extra im looking for - its just which company and remap option do i go for???

stevehooper said:

But i really need some good advice - i find her a little sluggish in comparison to my previous car, a BMW 330 Ci M Sport, and want to try and increase both the BHP and torque etc. Can you tell me which is the best company for chip remaps? How much bhp/torque am i likely to gain? Are there any other options to increase power that dont involve major engine mods?

Check out some of our site sponsers lower down in the forum, MRC, Performance Torque, Awesome GTI, DPM etc should all be able to offer you a remap.

Gains, if its the same sort of engine in the Mk2 TT, should see around 40-50bhp and 35-ish lbs/ft of torque.

stevehooper said:
I also want to lower the car so she sits better over the 19's - but dont want a really harsh ride and dont really want the alloys disappearing under the arches like a boy racer but DO want the car to go low enough to look like its been lowered if that makes sense?? What spring options can you recommend??

I would recommend H&R comfort coilovers, changing just the springs wont give you the adjustment or flexibility of coilovers. H&R comfort are the best suspension if you ask me. I had them fitted to my S4.

Body styling I can't really help you with, I know they are a few people on here with bodykits but I have no idea where they got them from

Caractere...

dsc026029px.jpg

dsc026099aa.jpg

Oetinger...

oettisb11.jpg

oettisb10.jpg