Please read this and join in!

shariain

Reaction score
Website
www.barshargsd.com
See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it we are hitting 95p
a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying £1 a litre.
Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea: This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than
the "don't buy petrol on a certain day" campaign that was going around
last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they
knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It
was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really
work. Please read it and join in! Now that the oil companies and the OPEC
nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we
need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the
market place not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day,
we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we
hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do
that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea: For the rest of this
year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which
now are one), ESSO and BP. If they are not selling any petrol, they will
be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other
companies will have to follow suit..

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP
petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't wimp out on me at
this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach
millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at
least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... And those 300 send it to at least ten
more (300 x 10=3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the
sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION
consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten
friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes
one level further, you guessed it... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all (and not
buy at ESSO/BP). How long would all that take? If each of us sends this
email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION
people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!
Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you,
please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE
It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your
petrol at Shell, Asda, Sainsbury's, Morrisons, Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP
and Esso (Tesco).

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Discussed before, and I'm afraid it doesn't work.

Esso and BP sell to supermarkets, so you're still buying their fuel, also as most of us know, the majority of fuel cost is tax, not profit.

Kev.

I only by shell anyway so i will be fine.

Even if Esso and BP do sell to supermarkets they will still be hit a bit and them they will have to act.

I say get the lorries out again!!

Cheers.

I say cut tax, but then it will only be put on something else.

The oil companies may make a profit, and a hansom one, but that is nothing compared to the tax generated.

Why are we trying to hit the oil companies when it is our own government that make fuel so expensive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

Kev.

Kevin, your really quite clever. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Kevin, your really quite clever. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets not go into how the high cost of imports are affecting our inflation and may actually lead to an interest rate rise!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Kev.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, and thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kev.

I only ever use Shell but although crude oil is at an all time high of nearly $70 a barrel that still only adds up to little over 20p in the litre that we pay. If this is done correctly basically we have to bring this country to a stand still again. government has to drop taxes by at least 15-20 pence on fuel levy. It costs me almost £65 to fill my car up now...thats nearly £15 more than last year which doing at least once a week adds up to an extra £60 a month or £720 a year!!!!!! Rediculous.

I'm sure you'll all be glad to hear that it is due to go up by 5.4 ppl tomorrow so expect a large rise in a few days time. Sadly the boycotting will only put independant garages out of business, not the oil companies.

The effect of the boycotting and the fuel protests is to show the Government that we're fed up with being taxed to the hilt. See how fat-boy prescott like walking to work when he can't get petrol for his Jags. I say bring on the protests again, fileld up with diesel two days ago and its now upto 93p. A year ago, the same garage was 83p it's ****** ridiculous.

Steps have been taken to ensure that the chaos of the blockage will never be as severe should it happen again, the government will be in no danger of running out. Hundreds of filling stations went to the wall last time, they couldnt pay the wages and bills with no income and just had had enough of the hassle of running a filling station. Lets hope its not the price we have to pay to get the fuel at a reasonable price.

Just paid 97.9p a litre for Shell Optimax!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Just paid 97.9p a litre for Shell Optimax!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

...I was walking past a shell station near my mate's house earlier this evening and they wanted 102.9 for it. Shocking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

That one is normally a bit steep, but we're only an hour away from the ports and refinerys, so it never normally gets close to that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Regards,

Rob.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets not go into how the high cost of imports are affecting our inflation and may actually lead to an interest rate rise!

Kev.

[/ QUOTE ]

on the interest rate rise, it's coming and don't forget you heard here first.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif If they're raising interest rates in the USA this will increase the value of the dollar and decrease the value of sterling, we buy oil in dollars so it becomes even more expensive. the government will need to raise interest rates in order to raise the value of sterling thus kerbing the already rising inflation. right that's about it. As for boycotting one fuel company I am sure this is a plan drawn up by a competing fuel company!

It gets even more complicated than that...

If the Govenment lower interest rates (which they would often do to increase consumer spending and therefore decrease inflation) people will spend money on imports (oil etc) therefore creating a vicious circle.

People spend more on imports as they have more money, supply and demand means import prices go up, means less spent on the domestic market... means rising inflation... and on we go.

In a simple world the govenment would lower interest rates to lower inflation, however the global influence may actually cause a reverse.

Kev.

The new uber Tescos in Slough has started doing 99ron for 95.9p so Im out of the boycott!

After the hurricane disaster in America apparently 2 oil wells were taken out off the coast so they said petrol will go up over £1 litre in next few days which means optimax will be something like £1.07 this is getting rediculous!

[ QUOTE ]
After the hurricane disaster in America apparently 2 oil wells were taken out off the coast so they said petrol will go up over £1 litre in next few days which means optimax will be something like £1.07 this is getting rediculous!

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazing how two oil wells in the US can make such a difference to the 1700+ wells around the world and their combined production.

I also hate to mention it but think it prudent that if everyone remembers Mr. Brown wouldn't increase fuel duty in the pre elction budget 'beacuse of the state of the world oil economy' but would review it in the next budget after the election. So if things are bad now, what's it going to be like then?

Government taxation is 80% of total cost and they are looking to increase it to 85% in this government term and introduce road tolls.... who voted this bunch of muppets in by actual vote or apathy by not voting??

Oh well, back to work to make more money to afford the soon to be £1.10 a litre for Optimax. I wish Tesco's would get their backsides into gear and offer that 99 RON fuel up north, selfish lazy t /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gifs!!

It is true that theres a lot of tax on fuel, but the price of fuel is only going up cos of the price on barrels of crude has risen a hell of a lot!

As the basic suel price increases the duty increses with it so the large increase at the pump is not just due to the increase in oil prices it's maily due to the robby gits we all vote in!!

So I understand the US work differently in that the duty collected on fuel stays the same if oil prices increase so having less of an effect on the end product.

This may be worng but some one explained it some time ago and I just came to the conclusion that no matter what happens the UK will pay more than anyone else!!!

I suppose if they don;t take it at the pump them will take it somewhere else.

The main issue I have is that they want you to get out of your car and on to public transport!! Well that would be fine if public transport was not so utterly usless. I travel 20miles to work and if I took public transport I would need 2 busses, 1 train and a 2 mile walk.!!! And it would cost 3 times more than in the car!!!

Just filled up at Shell 99.9p a litre. £65 and then the odds to fill the car now! This is getting too much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

1.01.9p this morning looks like i will be driving the clio more often than not until the prices get sorted out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Diesel is still at 95.9/litre at my local Shell with Optimax at 99.9/litre, this is with a Sainsbury's and BP stations literally over the road selling derv @ 97.9/litre - guess where all the trade is going?
Of course you do get 5p off per litre at Sainsbury's if you spend £50 or over lol... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif