Help me choose

• S4

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • A6 C8 50tdi

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Buxton2901

Reaction score
I need help deciding what to buy I'm so torn.

After my 2015 c7.5 S6 went back I'm now looking at A6 C8 Avant 50tdi 2019 or S4 Avant 2016/17.

Had a bitdi A6 C7 for the last 4 years and loved it. Power was great and sounded ok for a diesel.

I bought the s6 as wanted more noise and drama but fuel bill was silly and noise wasn't even that good.

So let me know your thoughts please

Thanks
Paul

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sandra
A6 C8 would get my vote for the following reasons.

- Comfort
- Space
- Reasonable performance and fuel efficiency

I would personally struggle with the first two points swapping out an A6 to A4 platform.

Ultimately your call, really depends on what you value most and will get the best use of. It's not a bad dilemma to be solving from the options on the table.

Reactions: Buxton2901
Stage 1 50tdi goes to 350bhp so power should be similar to my Bitdi which was 370 stage 1

Space is a big one and I do love the comfort of my old A6 which I image will be even better in the C8

Are there any of both options in close proximity that you can test drive?

A feel for both should really help.

Reactions: Buxton2901
I drove an S4 few weeks ago and was nice, quick etc but interior finish was nothing compared to A6 quality.
I think I'm leaning towards a6c8 just will miss the nice sounds

Poll added to Paul’s thread.

If it's the B8.5 S4 you are looking at then that would get my biased choice lol But I agree about the interior, after all the motoring media raving about Audi interiors etc I was surprised at how flimsy the binnacle etc is. Looks nice enough though and everything works.

Powertrain and drivetrain is pretty straight forward for maintenance and it's supercharged, which prefer to turbocharging but that's just a personal preference.