Police car lights!

hburnett

Reaction score
Did you realise that your A3 has police car lights built in!!

I had my fogs on tonight as it was rather foggy down this part of the country and when I pulled up to the house switched them all off by turning the knob and when I turned the sidelights off the fog lights came back on when the knob is pulled out... Looks very similat to a police car!!

I reckon you'd probably get arrested using them though!!!

H

Wow! I'd try this right now... if I wasn't in my bathrobe that is.

Can't wait until morning to try it.

What year is your A3? Did you have the engine still running when you did it?

how can fog lights make it look like a police car? or am i missing something

claudefrog said:
how can fog lights make it look like a police car? or am i missing something

I take it you have never been pulled over by a under cover...

I have, but it had flashing blue lights behind the grille, so unless it has some of them, I don't get it either...:ermm:

you cant turn the figs on without any side lights or main beam being on... mine wont let you. And as for the police thing... well...

Are we saying that undercover police cars drive around with just their fog lights on? No sidelights, no headlights, just the fogs? I don't think I've ever seen that on any car, let alone a cop car. Maybe it's your constabulary? Where are you guys?

Wouldn't that technically make the car illegal, and therefore the cop driving illegal? Whats the deal with that if you get pulled by an illegal car?

policett02.jpg

I gave it a go (using a window infront to check the result from the reflection).

If you have your front fogs switched on with your sidelights on and you turn the knob to switch off the lights and keep it 'pulled' out (but don't let go of the knob) the result will be that the fogs will stay on but the side/main beam lights will go out.

Repeat pattern by switching between side lights and 'off' to alternate the fogs only and the main beams.

It's a kind of 'up/down' alternation, rather than the left/right flashing you see in emergency vehicles...