Police on Car Wars use an A3!

way OT, but jesus thats a sweet split on your webpage. How much rust maintenance does that need a year?

Aye noticed that last week too. Would love that job too;)

Yeah I spotted that a couple of weeks ago actually. I'd guess it's a 3.2 because it's used for rapid response. They pulled over another 8P 1.6 Sport which the owner had only paid £3500 for. Turned out it was a ringer!

They are also out regularly in Impreza, in dark green metallic.

you sure these aren't cars they had apreended? (I don't know if it spelled correctly...)

Pedro

Nope they're bought brand new. I know a guy who's a mechanic for sussex police.

You know the Astras and so on that run around. Are they tuned in anyway? I mean how on earth are they meant to keep up?

emzino said:
You know the Astras and so on that run around. Are they tuned in anyway? I mean how on earth are they meant to keep up?

They are not meant to keep up!

emzino said:
Standard patrol cars are just standard, often poverty spec, models. Some of the pursuit cars and rapid response cars are re-mapped though, I know JBS in Chesterfield have remapped some marked police Octavia 4x4s in the past.

Astras and stuff just do the basic stuff. The 3.2 A3's and subaru's are there to catch up!

I've spotted an unmarked black scab 9-3 aero on the M6 toll once or twice too.

Another way to look at it is that only the police that need fast cars get them, so saving money. The rest get cheapo Astras and Foci. West Yorkshire police used to have a fleet of Protons...

pffft A3 you say? here in northern ireland the police drive W8 Passats, Evo 8's, sti scooby's, VX Monaro, VXR Vectra, Land Rover Vouge's, R32 Golfs and rumour has it they now have a new RS4!!!

Did you see an article somewhere a while ago (like the specifics?) stating that a huge proportion of police cars wouldn't pass an MOT ?
I always used to think they were maintained to tip-top condition,no expense spared.
So an ex-cop car/bike would always be a good buy.
The article ripped that myth apart.

The coppers up here have Range Rovers (with drug-dealer windows) and,believe it or not,a Ducati 999.
It's easy enough to spot the 999 by the guys crap riding style and even crapper gear.

i dont know much about the cop bikes over here but we have several very big and popular motorbike races in northern ireland

biggest one being the North West 200 which is based on the north coast of NI - every year the police bring out their fancy fast bikes as every biker fan descends upon the coast for a great weekends fun!

manc police deffo use undercover 3.2 A3's, i know of a silver one. It was at Audi in manc about 9 months ago having some work done.

What the heck's going on in this country? We have 3 or 4 coppers, in expensive cars, staking out a Yaris that's been stolen. And then the yob, who, remember, has stolen a vehicle, has no insurance or licence, and may have performed 'dangerous driving' in the process of getting the vehicle away, gets a fine of 40 quid?!?!
What can be done about it? The yob in question, languishing on the bonnet of someone else's car puffing on his ciggy while expressing his utter contempt and zero respect for the police and anybody else, clearly is, and always will be, a completely worthless example of a human. He is taking up space in the universe which could much more usefully be occupied by a block of wood.

At the end of every episode of Car Wars, when they tell you what happened to the scum bags in the prog, every single time it's:

'The guy who stole and crashed the honda, got fined £40'
'The guy who got caught driving without insurance and a license got fined £40 and was banned from driving for 1 year. 2 weeks later he was caught driving again'
'The guy who robbed a house and stole the merc got 3 months community server and fined £60'

Does anyone ever go to jail?

Do you actually have a police force in the UK or is the department a complete joke? I always roll over laughing when I remember that a policeman cannot chase a robber on foot if the chase might pose a health and safety issue on the thief... can't believe it... lol

Pedro

The latest additions to Cleveland Polices marked and unmarked cars are:

Ford Focus ST - seen two a silver one and a black one
Skoda Octavia RS - again two of these a blue one and a silver one
Ford Mondeo - ST ? I think - the one with the big wheels and deep bumpers etc.

They also have a Honda CRV (Black) and a Honda Civic Sport (Bluey Grey) not the newest style the previous model.

Plus the usual couple of Volvos.

Has anyone else noticed the latest stealth tactic of the marked up Traffic cars. It appears as though someone has had the brainwave to make the lights on the top of the car much more slimline and clear in appearance from the front. Its much harder to spot them in the rear view mirror now when looking across the rooflines of the cars behind you.:busted_cop:

newbiecrg said:
Do you actually have a police force in the UK or is the department a complete joke? I always roll over laughing when I remember that a policeman cannot chase a robber on foot if the chase might pose a health and safety issue on the thief... can't believe it... lol

Pedro

True story mate,I know a builder who saw a junkie being chased by some coppers,so he flattened the junkie as he ran past.
The coppers chasing the junkie thanked the builder and bundled the junkie into a van.
That should have been that.
Nope,they visited him a couple of days later to say that the junkie wanted to press assault charges.
Honestly,instead of listening to that scumbag's pathetic and bitter attack at the builder that stopped him getting away,the coppers should have told him to shut the **** up.
In the end,it was dropped.

bowfer said:
True story mate,I know a builder who saw a junkie being chased by some coppers,so he flattened the junkie as he ran past.
The coppers chasing the junkie thanked the builder and bundled the junkie into a van.
That should have been that.
Nope,they visited him a couple of days later to say that the junkie wanted to press assault charges.
Honestly,instead of listening to that scumbag's pathetic and bitter attack at the builder that stopped him getting away,the coppers should have told him to shut the **** up.
In the end,it was dropped.

Flip and there is me thinking if i saw a shop lifter or someone being chased by police i would dump tackle them face first into the pavement :scared2:

i will think twice if the time comes up but if a coppper came up to me and said the perp wanted to press charges id say.

"it wasn't me" :whistle2: