Polished Bliss: Maserati Gransport and Audi RS4

WX51TXR

Polished Bliss
Reaction score
Website
www.polishedbliss.co.uk
Another write up from Clark, originally posted on DW...

---

This car was done several weeks ago but only getting round to posting it now :)

C1.jpg

It was only booked in for a 2 day correction as the swirls and marring were very very light so it only needed a 1 stage finishing polish (made a nice change! :D)

So up first was the pre-foam (Megs Hyperwash @ 60 degrees)...

C2.jpg

Then rinsed off (you can just about see the swirling circled)...

C3.jpg

I then cleaned the wheels and tyres with Menz 7.5 and the arches with Megs Superdegreaser before foaming the car again and washing with the 2BM and Shampoo Plus:

C4.jpg

After rinsing i put the car inside and went straight to claying as there were no big tar spots that warranted using Tardis this time.

Meguiars Mild Detailing Clay and plain water was used for lube:

C5.jpg

C6.jpg

A final rinse off followed and i then dried everything off with a waffle weave and the leaf blower.

Once paint readings had been taken i then set about polishing out the minor defects - using Menzerna PO85RD and a 3M Finishing Pad @ 1500rpm's:

C7.jpg

The side skirts and lower halves of the bumpers were pretty swirly though so i stepped up to 4" a polishing pad & 106FF for these areas:

C8.jpg

I'd usually show a few before and after shots but in all honesty i couldnt capture much on camera and the paint was in extremely good condition prior to polishing :)

After a dust down to remove any polishing dust i gave the car a complete wipe down with Menzerna Top Inspection. This removed any remaining polishing oils and left the paint squeaky clean :thumb:

The Owner wanted Vintage as LSP so this was applied via a German Applicator Pad:

C9.jpg

C10.jpg

While this cured i detailed the interior and fed the leather with Raceglaze Leather Balm, then cleaned the Glass with Megs Glass Cleaner Concentrate.

The wheels were sealed with Poorboys Wheel Sealant and tyres dressed with Blackfire Long LAsting Tyre Gel. Tailpipes were polished up with Raceglaze's Metal Polish.

One last wipe down followed, this time with Last Touch to remove any wax holograms and then i quickly snapped a few after shots (not a huge amount though as the Owner was in a bit of a rush and i had gone over my time limit slightly)

C11.jpg

C12.jpg

C13.jpg

C23.jpg

C19.jpg

C20.jpg

C18.jpg

C14.jpg

C17.jpg

C16.jpg

C15.jpg

It was a nice easy start to that week and it ended just as nicely with a 1 stage machine polish on an Audi RS4. This time the car was polished with Menz 106FF and finished with Raceglaze 55 :thumb:

CRS4.jpg

CRS4a.jpg

CRS4e.jpg

CRS4d.jpg

CRS4h.jpg

CRS4c.jpg

CRS4i.jpg

CRS4f.jpg

CRS4b.jpg

Thanks for looking :thumbsup:

Clark