Polishing/Buffing Machines - Help Needed

mikes3

Reaction score
Hi guys,.

Im looking to buy a cordless/mains operated buffer to make a start on my S3 paintwork. Im after some advice on which to go for, and something which aint too expensive. Cheap but does a good job etc ...

Also, advice on which pads/sizes to use would also be good.

Thanks very much in advance.

A rotary is the quickest but you have to be really careful with it! I've gone for the DAS-6, really happy with it, have nothing to compare it to though. Takes longer than a rotary but is novice safe! Have a look on polished bliss and Cleanyourcar, they are both great for advice and have the products you would require. The menzerna pads are harder and IMO perfect for the hard audi paint. spot pads for the curvy area's and normal for the main panels,
Sure Some others will be along with some more Ideas for you
Neil

I have just bought a rotary polish from Cleanyourcar, used it yesterday and was really easy once you got used to it. I bought the Megs one with the Sonus polish kit. Was on the pricey side though £200, but well wrth it.

I've been using a Kestrel DAS-6 for about 18 months now and I've been really pleased with it however I'm now looking to upgrade.

I don't feel I'm ready to move up to rotary yet so I'm looking at the Flex XC3401 VRG. It's a bit pricey (£375 from a UK supplier or £276 from various German E-bay merchants) but it looks the business whilst still being a 'safe' dual action machine.

Here's a comparison video showing it up against the Porter Cable 7424

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yht1uHJLNlQ

Hi guys,.

Im looking to buy a cordless/mains operated buffer to make a start on my S3 paintwork. Im after some advice on which to go for, and something which aint too expensive. Cheap but does a good job etc ...

Also, advice on which pads/sizes to use would also be good.

Thanks very much in advance.

The best kit we do to meet your needs (decent but cost effective) is this one, and we've put it together specifically with hard Audi paint in mind...

PB DAS-6 Hard Paint Polishing Kit

:sm4: