Polishing

Red s line

Reaction score
I'm currently using dodo juice super natural hybrid paste and sealant

im unsure which polishing pad I should be using I know there are many different types of polishing pads out there

iv got a red a3 which has a good shine to it all ready

can any one tell me what type of pad I should be using

many thanks Image

Do you intend to "Polish" or just apply the wax :/ ?

I may be wrong but to polish it requries removing old polish,wax,sealers and then using a polish/cutting compound with various abrasive pads to remove the scratches/swirls then once haooy begin building up the glaze/sealers/wax.

I think lol :uhm:

Jonny

Do you intend to "Polish" or just apply the wax :/ ?

I may be wrong but to polish it requries removing old polish,wax,sealers and then using a polish/cutting compound with various abrasive pads to remove the scratches/swirls then once haooy begin building up the glaze/sealers/wax.

I think lol :uhm:

Jonny

thanks for the quick response : ) I'm unsure to I just want a great shine Iv been using super natural hybrid for about 6 weeks and am pleased with the outcome I just want maximum shine from what I'm told is the best wax around

I'm just waxing the car leaving for 5-10 mins letting it haze then taking off with a micro fibre cloth but I think I'm using the wrong pads to apply as I have swirls on my paintwork

The swirls are caused by washing incorrectly, age and general wear and tear. If you want blemish free paint and get maximum effect then you need to go right back to basics and cut, polish, wax, glaze

You'll never get a swirl free finish by just waxing.

If you look at the Polished Bliss website and you'll see the sort of lengths some folks go to.

Also catch up on Warren's S5 thread. He's about to do a full detail on a brand new car...

Reactions: Red s line
This may sound stupid but what is the correct and professional way to clean my car as it stands I soak the car in plain warm water then wipe away dirt and grime then wipe dry with a multi purpose cloth then wen dry I apply my wax I have. Auto glym kit with all shampoo's and conditioner but I was told best way is to soak in warm water then wipe away dirt and grime ??

This may sound stupid but what is the correct and professional way to clean my car as it stands I soak the car in plain warm water then wipe away dirt and grime then wipe dry with a multi purpose cloth then wen dry I apply my wax I have. Auto glym kit with all shampoo's and conditioner but I was told best way is to soak in warm water then wipe away dirt and grime ??

Snow foam pre-wash (I do it multiple times if really dirty) then 2-bucket method with a wool mit (2 times if needed). If waxing/polishing/machining then clay the bodywork. Never towel dry the car or basically do anything that causes movement between the paint and any dirt/dust.

Snow foam pre-wash (I do it multiple times if really dirty) then 2-bucket method with a wool mit (2 times if needed). If waxing/polishing/machining then clay the bodywork. Never towel dry the car or basically do anything that causes movement between the paint and any dirt/dust.

Thansk for the reply il get some snow faom and do this I'm insure about this 2 bucket method would u care to explain sorry If I sound dumb as hell lol il stop towel drying as this is properly what is causing swirls on my paintwork

many thanks
dave

Reactions: Jambo26