Polishing

.-Samuel-.

Reaction score
Hi all.

I am looking for a compound and polish/2 stage.

I was going to go for Menzerna 2500 and 3800. I then decided against it and was going to go for Meguairs Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish but not heard much about the polish to be honest.

Whats the best 2 stage around?

My paintwork is in decent condition but needs a 2 stage.

Thanks

Sam

Hi mate i use Mags ultra compond i find very good hard work by hand
AndyF
20160814 122653

Samuel heard a better pic
20160821 151549

Did you use just megs compound or didnyou put another polish on after it?

Mags u/c then Mags mirror glaze 16 three coats over the next three days heres a pic yesterday morning 3 weeks later after a wash day before
20160906 060044

Nice! I think i might go for ultimate compound or Autoglym super resin polish. My dad said SRP is good but wont remove swirl marks so im going to look for swirl marks and if there isnt any then it will SRP i think

Used srp back in the day when i was not as keen as now far to powderie for me stick to U/C and a good wax you know it makes sense lol im still a novice
AndyF

I just need to find a good wax! I have a old corsa as my daily so i think im going to machine polish two sections and see what comes out better as ive heard srp doesnt remove swirls that well.

I just need to find a good affordable wax

Ultimate compound all the way mate im a Mags man at the moment each to his own
AndyF

@.-Samuel-. Audi paint is rock hard. I imagine the paint on the Corsa will be softer. I have Meguiars #105 (aggressive) and #205 (milder, can finish with this). This has always worked for me using my DA.

What colour is the car so we can suggest a wax?

Reactions: Andy F
I should also add if you have serious scratches I'd save up for a pro detailer to fix it. It just takes forever on Audi paint.

ive used poor boys black hole to good effect as well, this is a glaze though so not offering much protection.

ultimate compound is good for correction, SRP will just fill scratches

i did my whole car not long ago using Scholl Concepts - S3 Gold Compound, and then polished with S20 Black, Audi paint is hard so you'll need a heavy cutting pad for the S3 and a light cut/finishing pad for the S20

13600265_1190874120963251_1692458112674483374_n.jpg

Reactions: scotty76 and chris fry
So im thinking Megs Ultimate Compund with a Chemical Guys Hex Logic pad.

Which pad will be best? Yellow Heavy Cutting, Orange Medium to Heavy Cutting or Green Heavy Polishing?

i use hex logic, orange to cut, white to refine and black to finish - i then use the black for applying SRP as a top up

I used meguiars microfibre cutting compound with their cutting pad then used Menzerna Final finish (not sure what the new name is) on a lake country finishing pad. I got great results with that.

Menzerna by da

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1474396581054.jpg
    FB_IMG_1474396581054.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 156
Remember guys SRP IS abrasive. But quite mild. So long as you know.

My S3 is two years old (low mileage though) is crap Sepang and doesn't have any swirls, consequently its never been polished.

Be aware of the desire to cover your pride and joy in anything abrasive if it doesn't need it.

SRP is more of a filler than a polish, yes it has some cutting property but if they car is already sealed or waxed it will just sit on top