Poll: Should I put my T28 back on or invest in a Scroll SP51 Kit

What turbo should i use?

• K03 SP51

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Andy.B

Reaction score
I still have my old T28 kit whick is proven working, it just needs mapping but not many mappers I talked to in my area were being very forthcomming and saying they could map my old early chip type ECU.

The other option is to buy a SP51 kit off Scroll and refurb my K03 in this country to the K03 SP51 hybrid. Im after around a nice wedge over 200bhp in all as my car is only FWD.

So what would you do?

I cant comment on the T28 as i have no idea what its capable of, but the scroll is good for 220 - 240 i recon depending hpw agressive the tune is etc
Mine is on a pretty mild tune and the Outlaw SP51x turbo and it gives 243 bhp on a fwd. I am fitting racelogic traction control to keep it under control , it also happens to have launch control so thats a bonus

i'm sure the T28's are suitable for upto 280-300hp depending on the exact spec so i'd be going with that!

I've got a K03 with SP51R conversion and am looking at 220 - 230 bhp with a new map. I've also got the old type ECU but have found a few people that still have the 'one time map chips'.

..But you'll need a new map whatever or you're not going to see much of a gain anyway.

I cant comment on the T28 as i have no idea what its capable of, but the scroll is good for 220 - 240 i recon depending hpw agressive the tune is etc
Mine is on a pretty mild tune and the Outlaw SP51x turbo and it gives 243 bhp on a fwd. I am fitting racelogic traction control to keep it under control , it also happens to have launch control so thats a bonus

See yours would be the ideal. But im not sure i could get the K04 needed cheep enough to warrent getting it 'outlawed'.

I've got a K03 with SP51R conversion and am looking at 220 - 230 bhp with a new map. I've also got the old type ECU but have found a few people that still have the 'one time map chips'.

..But you'll need a new map whatever or you're not going to see much of a gain anyway.

This is the turbo i was looking at as i already have the K03. Is 220-230 hp all the K03 SP51R is good for or is there more to go from it? I think its the exhaust wheel thats the limitation in the K03 isnt it?

This is the turbo i was looking at as i already have the K03. Is 220-230 hp all the K03 SP51R is good for or is there more to go from it? I think its the exhaust wheel thats the limitation in the K03 isnt it?

Probably would be good for more power but that's my aim as I can't afford new tyres every month lol.

The cold turbine looks almost identical to a K04 to be honest but the 'R' has the added feature of twin oil feed bearings too. Yeah think that's where the limitations come in as it fits the standard exhaust turbine housing.

if its a t28 from a gti-r you could get about 340 max out of a standard one. a t28 from an s14 200sx is slightly smaller.

Stick With the T28 mate its the only way and get yourself some mega squirt to power it :)

Megasquirt.... Hmmm i dunno if it will give good functionallty for the Audi? Do you know of anyone using it on the A4 before or even in in the USA if i could get some info that would be great? I could be tempted to go that way as i did use it around four years ago but that was on a Mk2 2.0 Zetec Fiesta.

Probably would be good for more power but that's my aim as I can't afford new tyres every month lol.

The cold turbine looks almost identical to a K04 to be honest but the 'R' has the added feature of twin oil feed bearings too. Yeah think that's where the limitations come in as it fits the standard exhaust turbine housing.

If the K03 SP51 will take it up to around 240 then i think ill be happy with it. Possibly lol...

if its a t28 from a gti-r you could get about 340 max out of a standard one. a t28 from an s14 200sx is slightly smaller.

Not sure of the actual origins of the turbo but it was a refurb unit when i got it. It deffo has a T28 compressor and a T25 exhaust.