Polo 6n2 Cutting out with error codes

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
Did a scan on the wifes polo earlier as she said that it keeps cutting out intermittently, the below faults came up on it. This has been going on for a while now and I have already replaced the camshaft sensor and its still the same, someone else mentioned it could be the crank sensor (?)

Can anyone advise at all on the below please?

3 Faults Found:

00519 - Intake Manifold Pressure Sensor (G71)

31-10 - Open or Short to Ground - Intermittent

00513 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs

03-10 - Please Register/Activate - Intermittent

00282 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs

26-10 - Please Register/Activate - Intermittent

Thanks in advance
Nilz

00513 - Engine Speed Sensor (G28): No Signal
00282 - Throttle Position Actuator (V60): Implausible Signal.

what engine code is it?

id start by removing and cleaning the throttle body and the map sensor. reset the the throttle adaptions, and then road test the car. if it still cuts outs and chucks the engine speed sensor fault up again..... then replace it.

Im pretty sure the engine code is AHW.

With regards to the Crank Sensor, would this be an option, or is this totally out?

I will have a go at the throttle body when we get a chance, also the MAP sensor, what is it and where is it?

Also the speed sensor again where is it please?

Thanks
Nilz

map sensor is a manifold absolute pressure sensor in the inlet manifold, measures the vacuum in the inlet manifold. coupled with the throttle position sensor signal and engine speed/crank sensor signal, the ecu decides the engine load and based on that the fueling and timing.
map sensor is on the left hand end of the manifold (as your stood at the front looking at the engine) its got a 4 wire plug going to it and is held in by 2 t20 torx screws. its a little fiddly to get to with the dipstick tube in the way.

the crank sensor i think is round the back of the engine behind the starter motor. has a three wire plug going to it.

Hi,

Been a while!!

Quick update on this, cleared the Idle Control Valve out and gave it a good run and the car now seems to be ok (fingers crossed), such a quick and simple fix and most importantly cheap :)

Thanks for your help.

It may be worth while going to the dealer and getting any software upgrade(s) that you can... I have a brand new 12 plate 6n2... no one told me there were any updates available... I went to the dealer last week to get some parts and they told me about the updated software for the ecu. I don't know if this is VIN specific though... so may be worth enquiring about. They gave me a re-flash on the DSG software with an updated version. My DSG whine has gone... there was a subtle whine at low rpm and idle... you'd have to put your ear to the dog leg to listen to it!

Sorry dude, but the 6n2 is the 'mark', do you mean Polo?

OK, so a thread revival, the car is cutting out again, so the clean out didnt work!!

After a scan this is what came up:

00519 - Intake Manifold Pressure Sensor (G71)
31-10 - Open or Short to Ground - Intermittent

00513 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
03-10 - Please Register/Activate - Intermittent