Pondering a new S3. How much discount?

Walter

Reaction score
I have been mulling over getting a new S3, and I was wondering if anyone who has just bought/ordered one would mind telling how much discount they got?

Whatcar? magazines target price is a drop of about 4% which doesn't seem a lot when every penny counts and a S-Line 2.0T is about 8% (if my sums are correct).

Any how, thanks in advance.

Well some have reported 10% or even 13% on a new car, you need to shop around dealers & pit them against eachother being careful not to go to same group with number of dealerships, but should easily get more than 4%, do a forum search as this has been discussed before so plenty of info.

I got 15% when I ordered in Nov 07. I guess the discounts dropped with the facelift but it's been out a while now so they should be up to that sort of level again.

Don't forget to play all the dealers off against each other :icon_thumright:

I think i got about 13% off mine but it was a showroom car id prob aim for 15 and accept 10 to be honest

just over 10% off when i ordered mine a few months ago which i was happy with but it was hard work on the day playing a couple of dealers off on each other.

Same here, 10% off mine, ordered about 3 weeks ago!! I took in online broker prices as well as others I'd had from other dealers and they were 'persuaded' to lower their price! To be honest, they offered 8% without me even asking!

Good luck! :s3addict:

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.:respekt:

West Yorkshire,

Last edited:
Whilst a discount is important on this superb car I would suggest you first ensure you spend any potential discount on a means of ensuring your pride and joy is garaged, or at least parked completely out of sight from the road. Alternatively, invest in a shotgun and a good lawyer.

I ordered mine a couple of days ago from a main dealer, the car was specc'd to just under £33000 (based on the Audi website) and I was given a cost to change of £18500 using my 07 Ford Focus ST3 (with 16000 miles on it) as p/x so he either gave an absolutely fantastic price for my car or a very good discount (or a combination of both!).

What was\is your final spec? I ordered mine with one noticeable exclusions, rns-e which I intend on fitting separately.

What was\is your final spec? I ordered mine with one noticeable exclusions, rns-e which I intend on fitting separately.

The only notable exclusions on mine were:

RNS-E
Magnetic Ride
Cruise Control

I had all the other goodies i.e. Privacy, Rear parking assist, Bucket seats, Symphony + Bose, Folding Door Mirrors, S-Tronic, I Pod Connectivity

3Dr or SB? Personally I'm not keen on the bucket seats as I sit too low in the seat. Call me a short @rse if you want!! : )

I went for cruise, open sky, magnetic ride and s-tronic. Pity the S3 doesn't come in the 7-Speed s-tronic however.

Anywhere above 10% is good. I got 13% in February

kkp0897, what was your experience buying your car through a broker? where did you pick it up from etc.

Anyone else used the figures quoted from these brokers to get the dealers down on their prices