Pooped myself

dope

alcoholic pervert
Reaction score
IMG_0473.jpg

Surely this isn't normal? Only touching near the middle?

This isn't my pic but it shows exactly what my front pads look like, which I changed about three weeks ago.

I *think (*hope) that it's because the pads have an angled edge at each side, therefore giving the impression that they are barely touching the disk........

New pads have a smaller contact patch for a while. Dunno why, but they are chamford. I noticed that when I changed mine at hte weekend. Same for front and the rears.

I know what you're referring to - the bevel that helps eliminate brake squeal on the leading and trailing edges.

I stopped on the way home from work because I thought I could hear an odd noise, and it looked just like that pic. But obviously by the side of the road with the wheel on I could only see from one angle.

I'm hoping if I pop a wheel off and look into the gap that it'll be the bevel making it look like they're not touching.

Both sides of the car looked to be the same.

it looks like you have a good even wear area on the disc if the pad was not touching any part of the disc it would be slightly rusty in that area