Porsche 911 Coolant cap on S3 8V

Reaction score
Just incase any of you wanted to do this mod please note that even though the adverts on online say the fitting is straightforward --- well it isn't and I learnt the hard way.

There is a slight difference on the locking lug which gives the "click" when fulling screwed down, this doesn't engage on the 8V as it is too short, the risk is that the cap can unscrew with vibration and pop off.....
IMG 1095

If you are interested in fitting one of these then let me know and I can talk you through it as it is possible if you have any drilling / tapping skills

I had them on my S3 & RS3 along with the R8 oil filler cap & never had any problems with mine?. Mine came from Awesome GTI & fitted perfect?.

S3 was a 15 plate & RS3 was a 16 plate. The oil filler cap was from the R8 but i think Awesome modified them to fit ''straight'' in the correct position when fitted in the filler neck. Again the coolant cap was a genuine Porsche one which sat as yours does in the picture but i never had any trouble or pressure loss when they were fitted to both the S3 & RS3?.

After a little more searching they seem to be compatible with some my15 cars onwards. So that makes sense. You got lucky. Anyway happy to help anyone with a pre 15 car or unlucky 15 plate onward owners.

Reactions: RS3 S.
No problem. I sold them on here when i got my SQ5 & the buyer didn't have any problems either to my knowledge so as you say could be down to the year of the car.:icon thumright:

Excuse my ignorance, but what does it do that an Audi one doesn't? :blink:

Reactions: TYb and Phutters
What does an Audi do that a vw doesn’t?

Not a lot but it looks better!

I needed a new one anyway.
Ignorance forgiven.

What does an Audi do that a vw doesn’t?

Not a lot but it looks better!

I needed a new one anyway.
Ignorance forgiven.
Oh right just for looks then! I can understand outside of the car things looking better, but not a coolant cap....each to their own :)

Reactions: TYb