Possible new TT owner - advise please.

Djwilliamson

Reaction score
Hello all,

I’m think of buying an Audi TT 2.0 TD S line quattro 2dr (10 - 13) for 7k with 94k on the clock. Full mot, recent cam belt etc. But to me it just seems to cheap.
Is this a mark 2 model?
I haven’t seen the car yet but the pictures looks good, are there are common issues I should look out for ? And what’s your opinion on these cars?

I currently drive an A3 8v but I want something a little different.
Thanks in advance
Dan

Yes it's an 8J Mk2 model and a step backwards from the 8v IMO. The 8S Mk3 is miles ahead.

I have had several 8V A/S/RS 3 as well as a new 8JTT in 2008 and recently acquired 48k mile 2009 8JTT 2.0FSi £6k with absolutely FASH. Technology wise they are a step back in time (at least the current one is) but it has phone Bluetooth, rear parking and heated front seat. They are great fun and handle well on 17/18in wheels. The 19's are just too big and make the ride rather skittish IMHO. Current one has 17in standard wheels which are rather boring, S line came with 18 as standard I believe and are far nicer, hence I have just bought this set of contemporary PRC 18in alloys which hopefully will arrive on Tuesday.
IMG 5946