Possible return after 4 years....

MA3RC

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm on the market for a new car and the new A3 has taken my fancy. I used to own an 8V which I sold in 2017. Moving onto a Ford Fiesta ST, then a Focus ST-Line X. But I've always had a soft spot for the Audi and wish to return.

A question I have is regarding the standard SLine alloys. On the web configurator they appear a darker "gun metal" colour. But surfing the web they all appear to be bright silver. I've yet to see one in the flesh, could anyone confirm the actual colour of the alloys please, or if you've got any real life picture's that would also be great!

Many thanks and hope to see you all again soon!

Thanks

Marc

Reactions: Sandra
There definitely painted silver . The main reason I had a s-line and not a etd 1 as I don’t like the diamond cut alloys.

Attachments

• 25935D35-DD69-44F7-95D8-2B875A3BC5BB.jpeg
    25935D35-DD69-44F7-95D8-2B875A3BC5BB.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 147
Reactions: Brian Leslie
There definitely painted silver . The main reason I had a s-line and not a etd 1 as I don’t like the diamond cut alloys.
Great! Thanks for the photo! I'm debating white this time around, the wheels looks nice against the car.

I'm guessing they're the 18"?
The S Line wheels (standard and optional £145 5-Y diamond cut) are both 18". The standards are bright silver, the other grey and silver.

Here's mine with the optional wheels and a courtesy car with standards.

20210520 155720
20210523 170458

Reactions: MA3RC
Reactions: auzzam_crd
Hey bud, here's a good video showing you a comparison of some of the A3 trims available.

Make sure to subscribe, if you haven't done so already and check out the rest of the videos for helpful advice :)

Reactions: MA3RC
I’m happy to announce I took the plunge today and went for a 35 TFSI SLine hatchback with comfort and sound pack, in turbo blue with the Y shape alloys. Honestly can’t wait… looks like December delivery though :O

087DC30D 9B29 4164 8968 23F15B7E7367

Reactions: Fuelnut and Sandra
I’m happy to announce I took the plunge today and went for a 35 TFSI SLine hatchback with comfort and sound pack, in turbo blue with the Y shape alloys. Honestly can’t wait… looks like December delivery though :O

View attachment 238969
Nice choice!

Did you opt for the manual or auto? Be mindful that if it's the manual you will more than likely suffer with the cold jerkiness with the 1.5 like I have. Despite software updates not making any difference I've now been told to consider this a characteristic. I've heard it's not really an issue with the auto.

Nice choice!

Did you opt for the manual or auto? Be mindful that if it's the manual you will more than likely suffer with the cold jerkiness with the 1.5 like I have. Despite software updates not making any difference I've now been told to consider this a characteristic. I've heard it's not really an issue with the auto.
I've gone for the manual... what is the jerking you mention? How bad, and I'm guessing it wears off as the car warms up?
Hopefully it's addressed by the time my car is built!

I've gone for the manual... what is the jerking you mention? How bad, and I'm guessing it wears off as the car warms up?
Hopefully it's addressed by the time my car is built!
It's a well known issue with the 1.5 Evo engine - unfortunately I didn't know about it before I ordered my car. When the car starts for the first minute or two the power delivery is jerky, feels like it's stalling and depending on how cold it is it can be worse and more pronounced. It does wear off during a run but it always comes back on start up - even when the ambient temps outside are high.

VW group have admitted a fault, some dealers deny there's a problem, some are more open and offer a software update. This update just increases the idle revs to try and mitigate the stalling effect but it just takes the edge off, the problems still there. This has been an issue since this engine was introduced 2017/2018 so I doubt it'll be fixed. Some say the design of the engine is the problem which is why some dealers say it's a characteristic - even though they admit it's a fault and have a software update?!?!

Just Google VW 1.5 Evo engine problems and theres loads of stories to read up.