Possible tweaks

ScouseAllan

It's my birthday
Reaction score
Hey so recently upgraded to a 2013 a6 avant s line, not quite sure what mmi software I'm using.

However I have the SD card an sim card slot.

Any way to the point I'm looking at what possible add ons/upgrades are available for the mmi as well as the rest of the car.

I've just purchased the 17 bulb led pack from ebay for kick off.

Could anyone recommend any good air intakes?

I'm going to replace the brakes and discs soon, can anyone recommend a good supplier /brand?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jakes2514
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new car, also any images?

For the mmi stuff you can update the mmi system and maps for a good price through DJAlix, just done that myself and very happy. Have a look in the VCDS forum, ive seen a list of extra things that can be done and enabled and theres a map to show you the locations of people who can help.

I'm sure others will come along and help with the cosmetic mod advice as i haven't gone there myself yet ;)

Thanks very much. Interior shots, I'd love to get the aluminum changed to piano blank or possibly carbon. There's a few scratches on the passenger side of the center console

If I have an old software version what are the benefits of the upgrade for both mmi and Sat nav?
DSC 0504
DSC 0503
DSC 0502

Quick question about your MMI....I see you have the number pad in your centre console but do you have the internal HDD for the satnav maps etc?

I think I do yes.

Reactions: 8BallAddict
I thought I would prefer the silver centre console as a contrast to the dark seating and interior but when I saw the piano black in real life I loved it more, very sleek and stealthy. The Piano black does scratch even easier though so be prepared to polish it every now and then to get rid of them and bring out the shine. Also can recommend this which shines it up and has an anti static effect so the annoying white dust doesn't collect on it (good for glass too as you could imagine).

If you've got the touch pad that should mean you have the 3G Plus nav which should have the hard drive. I suppose the easiest way to check is see if you have the jukebox under Media > Sources.

The maps version doesn't seem to be that old maybe last years? however the MMI is a few versions behind though. I had a newer version to start with and have added two updates on top of it and although nothing visually has changed the main improvements I've noticed are the screens seem to switch slightly quicker, the voice recognition seems more accurate and it finds my phone and calculates maps quicker. So it seems to just be optimisation and some maybe not so noticeable bugs that have been fixed or improved in recent updates.

Thanks for clearing that up I will make the effort to upgrade it some time soon then.
Could anyone recommend where I can find the software?

Also could you point me in the direction of the of the VCDS forum as I'm having trouble trying to find it... .

Yeah I have the juke box option, I use SD cards for my music so haven't bothered with the jukebox option. Though I've noticed the SD card can get very hot so need to keep an eye on that.

Reactions: Jakes2514