Possibly swapping the cab ?

Bradderz_1988

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!
Reaction score
Although i like the cab ive had the idea of selling up next year and i happened to come across a S3 8L 52 plate with 132k and i enquired about part exchanging mine for the S3 8L as a straight swap and they have said they will take it should i go ahead with it ?? Cabs a 55 plate 1.8T sport with 108k and ive just done the timing belt and water pump front disc and pads and coolant housing and seals, i gave 2k for the cab and the S3 is up at 3k ??

2k sounds about right for a 1.8t cab. I guess 3k is about right for the s3. Just worried as to why the guy wants rid of it, and willing to straight swap.

I also don't like the part time Quattro, well part time awd system. The car is mainly front wheel drive and then puts power to the rear when it is needed. I wouldn't be happy with that, but that is personal preference.

My final note, it sounds a bit too good to be true. When it is too good to be true, it usually shows!!

Reactions: DrStrange
Ive not commited yet so will be checking it over with a fine tooth comb i know its not the proper quattro but i have my proper B5 Quattro that im building so that will be my main weekend toy i just want something more sporty for a daily and ive always fancied an S3 8L as thats the era of audi cars i like most.

Ive not commited yet so will be checking it over with a fine tooth comb i know its not the proper quattro but i have my proper B5 Quattro that im building so that will be my main weekend toy i just want something more sporty for a daily and ive always fancied an S3 8L as thats the era of audi cars i like most.

Yeah you're pretty clued up with them so I trust you'll look it over. And you have vcds? Give it a scan, drive it, then scan again. See if any errors come up.

Other than that, as you say just look it over proper and see if it is worth it. They are good cars, my buddy had one, and I bet would be a litter than a 1.8T cab. Them things are heavy!!

Yeah ive got vcds and will do as you said it looks clean on pics but will find out saturday what its state is.

IMG 1047
IMG 1052
IMG 1050
IMG 1049
IMG 1051
IMG 1048
IMG 1053

It is a facelift and has the symphony upgrade as the concert single din dash version ruins the look inside personally..........reminds me on my old S3.

Look out for chain rattle when you blip the revs.

As you are coming from a 1.8t, you should know what they drive like.. I did 1260 miles with a mate in his going from northern Ireland to nurburgring. Great cars.. A full vcds scan will also help..

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Well the cabbie has gone on to another motor picked it up saturday, Seems a strong motor no faults returned after clearing but timing belt is due so thats on the to do list along with valve cover gasket and cam seals as theres a leak up top and also 4 wheel alignment.

Needs some interior bits tidying up but im happy with it and cant wait to get it looking tidy again.

Fitted led interior and side lights aswell after i got it home. Didn't put side lights on for pic D'OH
IMG 1090

Today at work checking it over. Before a clean up and wash.
IMG 1096

Reactions: DrStrange, technics100 and mattmanwrx
I loved my S3. If it all checks out that looks like a good deal to me

Reactions: Bradderz_1988
Tell me about it im loving it.

Underneath is clean, front lower arm rear bushes are starting to detach from the bonding, and some of the rears are cracking all something i can address at a later date. There is a bit off gunk in the coolant i noticed today so it may be the oil cooler starting to go as its a very little amount but i have a nearly new one in the garage off the B5 so will fit that with the t/belt & w/pump see how it does, Im going to get all the detailing done first after the t/belt and oil leak sorted then do a few subtle mods possibly a remap too from unicorn.

Reactions: DrStrange
Boy did you move quick on this.

My neighbour has this too. Remapped and he's still loving it.

Good buy dude.

Reactions: Bradderz_1988