Post cat "downpipe" 2.0tfsi

grainqey

Reaction score
Hello,
As per the subject, does anybody know of a larger front portion of exhaust between the cat and the "catback" portion - so the pipe that goes uphill? I've seen them with the rest of the rear portion but not seen one seperate unless I've forgotten of brands kind of thing. My a4 already has atleast rear backboxes (you can tell from the size of the tip and the perforated tube inside)

Thanks in advance
Alex

Sadly not a great deal on the market for tfsi B7 to be honest.
Miltek do a larger down pipe but it only fits a full miltek system , some have modified it to fit but depends on specific applications and its not a great deal larger diameter than the OE pipe .
Best plan is to go to a custom pipe firm and have a custom downpipe fabricated to suit, its not silly money either .
I had a 3" tapered down pipe made for my old bus which I used in conjunction with an 034 HFC and the OE centre section back exhaust system, it worked very as the 034 has larger outlet than the OE cat so things flowed nicely rather than the step in the pipe system .

sadly the 034 has moved on , I kept but never refitted the larger down pipe as it wasn't really suitable with the OE smaller cat outlet, but maybe one day it may get refitted.

I paid I think it was around the £160 mark for the custom downpipe, but that was several years ago.

best plan would be to speak with a custom fabricater and see what they can offer you.

best of luck.

Thanks for the comment Rob,
So far I've only seen a supersprint option for buying one seperatly but may end up making something

Thanks

ECS tuning have a downpipe just have a look on there website, they also sell it with a hfc if you need one, if i could do it again id 100% go the ecs tuning route instead of the 034 as the 034 is more expensive and you need to have a custom downpipe made as an off the shelf one don't exist, the ECS is literally bolt on and a lot cheaper.

Reactions: grainqey
As for a custom downpipe closest shop to me (Gloucester) with a reasonable price for a custom downpipe was Longlife in Bristol and he quoted me £200, remember you need a flexi so that alone bumps the price up £150 minimum nowadays.

Thanks for the info Ricky,

The only ones I've managed to find are the techtonics from ecs or a supersprint one.

Mmm mm mmmm indeed about the options of anything without buying from America

Thanks

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Thanks for the info Ricky,

The only ones I've managed to find are the techtonics from ecs or a supersprint one.

Mmm mm mmmm indeed about the options of anything without buying from America

Thanks
The US do seem to have a wider range of tuning parts for these cars and a hell of a lot cheaper than the limited bits we get in the UK

Just a shame they are not readily available at sensible prices..:sadlike:

Reactions: grainqey and Ricky Burrows