Post pics of your A6/S6/Allroad (C6 Chassis)

A little harsher but not too bad as its the allroad i didnt want e5 profile though too harsh. I got an issue at the mo with a slight vibration wheels are perfect tyres been balanced 4 times lol its a bit better now .

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Few pics of my C6, going to miss it when it goes, been a very good car for me, no major problems and a lot of memories
7466-1473447453-4a8462a8687005109ccc89f861c1ee8b.jpg

7467-1473447455-bfb12ca2cd326cb0c3c7cf3705ad331e.jpg

7468-1473447457-88aef00847527fc454ca47d6afe7b2ac.jpg
7469-1473447458-eab020d31ff80e9bb5e2fc0113d1b9ef.jpg

Reactions: James_TDi, dentsy and niedzial1983
yep 19s, when i decided i was getting a C6, i had to have these wheels

A little harsher but not too bad as its the allroad i didnt want e5 profile though too harsh. I got an issue at the mo with a slight vibration wheels are perfect tyres been balanced 4 times lol its a bit better now .

Any more news on the vibration?
I didnt get around to taking pics at the weekend.
Ive a nice matte black audi ring set to put on but i dont want to damage the original.

20160921 181044 20160921 181110 20160921 181110

Attachments

• 20160921_181144.jpg
    20160921_181144.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 303
  • 20160921_183336.jpg
    20160921_183336.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 308
  • 20160921_181209.jpg
    20160921_181209.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 407
Reactions: Markjb, AFONE and dentsy
Ive finally got around to the fitting of the black rings.

Ive rubbed down the rusty calipers and drums.. i then added some hammerite smooth for instant bodge but looks a damn sight better than they did.

I took the car to boss dogs for a vinyl wrap.
I will probably get the roof and boot done for a fuller flow.

Im not sure yet whether a black edition sline and quattro badge set would be too much.

Last edited:
Reactions: dentsy
My 2.7tdi Quattro A6 sportline. Just a mere 175k miles on the clock now, owned for 6 years and never misses a beat... just treated it to some new wheels, grew bored of the Speedline's it was fitted with that were blistered and needing a refurb.
IMG 1168ii

Going to pick this up either tomorrow or the day after, only done 38,500 miles from new with 1 owner, got about every extra you can think of including bose and soft close doors, it's in grey which I personally think is the nicest colour, for my budget I could have got a higher mileage new shape a6 avant, but with the low mileage and extras it has this one won me over, only worry I've got is its a multitronic and I've read horror stories on here about them, this one had the oil changed for it about a 1000 miles ago so I should be ok?

Reactions: far2tall and KrisKrk
Not bad for 11 year old car :)
9f4d9b24af45ff2ff1d1b0a53f5fe1d8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Its been a few years since my loved A4 went but I'm finally back in an Audi. The A4 was a 2.5TDi Quattro S-Line and I liked that spec so much I decided to go for the A6 3.0Tdi Quattro Le-Mans S-Line. Its a 2010 plate that had 64k miles on the clock with the last three years only being used as a weekend car
Had to get the rear windows tinted, went for 15% tints from B pillar, and the alloys all need a full strip & refurb and then I'm planning to get it remapped at MRC in Banbury :sunglasses:

Looks good. Tinted windows certainly make a difference. Ive the same le man wheels, id love the 20" ones though.

Doing wheels makes a difference. Did mine last week strip powder coat all 4 for £300
9f40f350fdc5bf004717496f1a0f960c.jpg

Aha. They look nice. Ive no idea on wheels and the sizing variations.

As ive the black edition id like to get the wheels dipped refurbed and then coated in matt black.

408£
I think now i will also get my calipers done in a glossy orange.

Prototype of 3rd break light a7 style :) . Just need to add some trim so it does not reflect so much on the glass. What do you think ?
7059b501a2d8603e96b4f6a1db837e0c.jpg

Reactions: KrisKrk
Finally got round to cleaning the car after i've made a few modifications:

RS6 Grill
Lower Fog Light Grills matched in Piano Black along with lower splitter
Wheels refurbished in Ferric Grey
Chrome Trim Wrapped in Matte Black
All Lights replaced with LED's

Still plenty to do, but it's getting there.

What did the matte black wrap on all of the chrome cost if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prototype of 3rd break light a7 style :) . Just need to add some trim so it does not reflect so much on the glass. What do you think ?
7059b501a2d8603e96b4f6a1db837e0c.jpg

Looks grate!
What did you use as led? How fitted?

Wanted to do something like that in my previous car A4.

Looks grate!
What did you use as led? How fitted?

Wanted to do something like that in my previous car A4.

5630 red led strip . Regarding mounting im still trying to figure it out :)

On the picture i took the original light our and used some tape to mock up the height and stuff...

5630 red led strip . Regarding mounting im still trying to figure it out :)

On the picture i took the original light our and used some tape to mock up the height and stuff...

Cool!
Seen a guy on YT using cable trunking.
Good idea if you cut one side off and paint it.

What did the matte black wrap on all of the chrome cost if you don't mind me asking?

I think £10. Did it myself, pretty easy and forgiving.

Reactions: niedzial1983
I think £10. Did it myself, pretty easy and forgiving.

I would be interested in getting it done on my Avant as had plan to plastidip it.
Is the wrap flexible enough to go around the back/side window curve is one piece?
Where did you got it from?

I would be interested in getting it done on my Avant as had plan to plastidip it.
Is the wrap flexible enough to go around the back/side window curve is one piece?

Ebay, just look for black 3M wrap. It's so easy to do, buy enough so you have a few testing strips. You will have to make a join somewhere but i did it on the rear tqr where there is an actual join.

Ebay, just look for black 3M wrap. It's so easy to do, buy enough so you have a few testing strips. You will have to make a join somewhere but i did it on the rear tqr where there is an actual join.

Thx. Thought something more flexible been used. There is an connection on the chrome but I think it is on the straight line, not the rear curve that I had a problem with.
Already tried to wrap it but IMO unless you use a piece big enough to cover the whole window's chrome section, you won't get it right.

Thx. Thought something more flexible been used. There is an connection on the chrome but I think it is on the straight line, not the rear curve that I had a problem with.
Already tried to wrap it but IMO unless you use a piece big enough to cover the whole window's chrome section, you won't get it right.

Not sure what you mean, it's easy.

I've just looked and the join is at the very back. on the join in the chrome.

I've just looked and the join is at the very back. on the join in the chrome.

c163cd52b2c76985e826003d39ec331b.jpg

I found it difficult to wrap the whole car trim in one piece and pictured piece/corner is what I've battled with few times and failed.

How easy is it to remove all the chrome trim so you can wrap it?

How easy is it to remove all the chrome trim so you can wrap it?

It isn't easy. That's why it's best to do it on the car.

I'm pretty sure that you can't remove the drip moulding or the bit under the rear quarter window without removing the window.
Mine has just been replaced and that is what the bodyshop did with it.

Woo hoo ive just had my car back from a quantum tune up.

Noticeably quicker with more torque.
Fuel consumption and top end speed improvement tests will have to wait.

I just wantes to shout about it.

Reactions: BigjoeC

Plastidip is pretty much straight forward. I managed to paint entire car outside last year doing it for the first time in my life. You can get the bundle of matt-pack in uk. PM me for details. I have also compressor which I believe I would borrow if you want to get that done yourself( no point to pay someone as it's easy). It took me 45 minutes to strip the dip off the car couple months later and the original paint wasn't touched at all

About the trims and masking - I wouldn't worry about that as you also might skip that step and paint everything including windows then later remove the stuff you don't need. I masked the lights and windows but do not go too extreme. Dip will cut itself around the edges and will go to the gaps between the trim/panels so no problem at all. Put enough coats to make it durable and easy to remove. I must have covered around 5-6 coats when I was doing Saab.
bb100565e3b7739f6c264bbbe9eae9ec.jpg