Facelift Post Pics Of Your Facelift A3/S3 8V In Here

S32B

Reaction score
It's not rocket science to see what this thread is for lol :D

Pictures and comments welcome ;)

Here's my pics... Picked it up Saturday. A3 S Line Saloon. Aluminium inlays light upgrade, 5 Twin spoke upgrade alloys, heated seats , rear parking sensors, high beam assist, auto dimming rear view mirror, smokers pack ( although I don't smoke)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 9,670
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    191.7 KB · Views: 5,956
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    229.9 KB · Views: 7,456
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    228.4 KB · Views: 5,957
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 5,873
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 5,679
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10,897
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    983.1 KB · Views: 5,639
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5,696
Reactions: mark351, CheekyWizard, TMR8K76 and 21 others
:respekt:First time I've seen those alloys. Stunning. Suit it really well. :yes:

Reactions: mark351, S32B, Rob2k68 and 2 others
:respekt:First time I've seen those alloys. Stunning. Suit it really well. :yes:
Thanks mate... New for the fl so was a bit of a gamble but am real happy with em

Reactions: mark351, 2P's, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Love the Wheels. I made your pic bigger as well :)

Reactions: NevMan, Rob2k68, gripross and 1 other person
dont want to be the bearer of bad news but someone has had a go at your number plates with a paintball gun!!
On a serious note car looks awesome, like the wheels.

Reactions: azibux1, gripross and Scottyg
dont want to be the bearer of bad news but someone has had a go at your number plates with a paintball gun!!
At least they avoided the paintwork! :D

Reactions: Daytonapig, Pook, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Collected this morning. Not had a chance to have a proper play yet. Please with how it turned out.

bb72ec84a6ed1dbf9bc57611c97155c8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Reactions: rubbi, tuningman73, RSTHRILLER and 11 others
On a serious note car looks awesome, like the wheels.
pesky little sods round here

Reactions: Daytonapig
Collected this morning. Not had a chance to have a proper play yet. Please with how it turned out.
bb72ec84a6ed1dbf9bc57611c97155c8.jpg

looks great that... did they do the reveal thing with the sheet in the private room like they did for me?

Here's my pics... Picked it up Saturday. A3 S Line Saloon. Aluminium inlays light upgrade, 5 Twin spoke upgrade alloys, heated seats , rear parking sensors, high beam assist, auto dimming rear view mirror, smokers pack ( although I don't smoke)

Stunning car - congratulations !!

What's the close up of on the last but one photo I can't quite make it out ?

Looks like the rear door inlay

Reactions: gripross and Rob2k68
Yes mate. They offered to make a handover video too although I declined.
They installed the Audi rings LED puddle lights as well just before I got there.
Collected my previous A4 on the September 1st with the usual hustle and bustle going on. This handover was a lot less frantic.
Yours looks very tidy.

It's the light inlays in the rear seat doors.. Thought might just have the inlays in the front doors but they are actually in the rear ones too

Reactions: Rob2k68
Yes mate. They offered to make a handover video too although I declined.
They installed the Audi rings LED puddle lights as well just before I got there.
Collected my previous A4 on the September 1st with the usual hustle and bustle going on. This handover was a lot less frantic.
Yours looks very tidy.

I had a black A3 last time...(but never black again) and a white car previous to that so wanted to try a different colour. But I Horta say the white looks great and should be easier to looks after as regards polishing. I found AG super resin polish and a coat of wax was a pretty easy way to keep it looking great

Reactions: richinsoton, lyallr and Rob2k68
With the White @gripross use the AG SRP but top it with AG EGP. Gives a great deep gloss look.

Reactions: gripross, Bristle Hound, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
I had a black A3 last time...(but never black again) and a white car previous to that so wanted to try a different colour. But I Horta say the white looks great and should be easier to looks after as regards polishing. I found AG super resin polish and a coat of wax was a pretty easy way to keep it looking great
Yeh I fancied something different too. Done the blacks, blues, reds and greys.
Very nice..Ibis?

With the White @gripross use the AG SRP but top it with AG EGP. Gives a great deep gloss look.
@gripross - You don't want that @Scottyg lol
For white, I would use a base coat of Sonax Xtreme Protect + Shine Hybrid followed by 2 weekly top ups of Sonax Xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer
Just saying ... ;) :D

Reactions: NevMan, Jassyo06, Scottk and 1 other person
Lovely motors to all who have collected.

I want them door sills!

Reactions: gripross, lyallr and Rob2k68
Think a lit up 'S' badge on a A3 is a bit too misleading personally (yes I know its 'S-Line'). But then I am a bit of a badge Nazi....

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Bristle Hound, gripross and 2 others
Just been on a 50 mile round trip to Birmingham. Impressed with how compliant the upgraded SLine suspension is. Far more forgiving than on my last A4 which was very crash bang wallop.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Rob2k68 and gripross
Got mine this morning :yahoo:

Thankfully the rear diffuser is nowhere near as bright silver as shown on the configurator.

I had read the horror stories of owning a black car and considered changing to Daytona or even Vegas yellow, but was reassured by the dealer that the black would be fine and sure enough the car is a beauty, especially with the privacy glass. Sadly, despite the forecast, today was a sunny day and as soon as I got home and parked in the sun all I could see was major swirl marks everywhere! I'm not a detailer, or even an experienced car washer, so the maintenance of black paint now terrifies me! It will be an experience, quite possibly one I won't want to repeat! Perhaps that's why the dealer threw in a posh case filled with AutoGlym life shine products and microfibres cloths!

Only have a couple of pics in the handover bay for now, spent most of the day playing rather than taking pics, will get some better shots tomorrow if it stays dry!

Reactions: S3tuart, Jak_11, daydotz and 12 others
Lovely looking SB. Better get yourself over to the detailing section. My advice would be up get it professionally corrected and ceramic coated. It will make ownership of a black car much simpler as you won't put swirls on it.

Reactions: SW14NY'S, pburv, SpeedyFrog and 2 others
Lovely looking SB. Better get yourself over to the detailing section. My advice would be up get it professionally corrected and ceramic coated. It will make ownership of a black car much simpler as you won't put swirls on it.

+1

Although if its solid black you are going to have an up hill battle on your hands...! Mythos Black is much more hard wearing and a good ceramic and decent wash routine will see you swirl free :)

Doesn't half look good in black. Although I think that for pretty much all Audi's! Congrats!

Reactions: pburv, SpeedyFrog and Rob2k68
I think getting it professionally detailed is definitely on the cards, but it's gonna be quite a while before I have any money for that. I think I'll just have to get it dirty instead so you don't see the swirls! And yes, it's solid black, not metallic :sadlike:

Thankfully sunny days are rare in Belfast so it's not the end of the world. Looks good in the dark too!

Reactions: pburv, Scottyg, SpeedyFrog and 1 other person
In that case, get some Poorboys Blackhole, give it a few coats and then put a good wax or sealant over the top of it. The Blackhole is a glaze which will fill in the swirls. It won't take them away but will hide them for a while, especially if it is topped with a decent product. If it were me I'd use Dodo Juice Purple Haze and top that with CarPro Reload. Bit of work but it will keep the car looking well for a few months.

Reactions: SW14NY'S, Rob2k68 and pburv
Got mine this morning :yahoo:

Thankfully the rear diffuser is nowhere near as bright silver as shown on the configurator.

I had read the horror stories of owning a black car and considered changing to Daytona or even Vegas yellow, but was reassured by the dealer that the black would be fine and sure enough the car is a beauty, especially with the privacy glass. Sadly, despite the forecast, today was a sunny day and as soon as I got home and parked in the sun all I could see was major swirl marks everywhere! I'm not a detailer, or even an experienced car washer, so the maintenance of black paint now terrifies me! It will be an experience, quite possibly one I won't want to repeat! Perhaps that's why the dealer threw in a posh case filled with AutoGlym life shine products and microfibres cloths!

Only have a couple of pics in the handover bay for now, spent most of the day playing rather than taking pics, will get some better shots tomorrow if it stays dry!

View attachment 98306
View attachment 98307

View attachment 98310

View attachment 98311

Very nice mate

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
In that case, get some Poorboys Blackhole, give it a few coats and then put a good wax or sealant over the top of it.
Got to do mine :( Looking outside now it's hit and miss if it's going to rain or not, so I may just give it a wash for now...I've got 3 weeks off so plenty of time to do the big one :)

Reactions: Scottyg, pburv and Rob2k68
View attachment 98350

The Hankook's look like they have a decent rim protector , would you care to do a £1 coin test with pic ?

Wheel and tyre widths ?
yes mate i sort of get the jist of what you want but can you explain exactly what you mean? and ye i gotta say it was the first thing i thought that the built in wheel protector should help keep the alloys in good nick

Reactions: Rob2k68

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4,465
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4,482
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 4,419
Reactions: Gazwould and Rob2k68