Facelift Post Pics Of Your Facelift A3/S3 8V In Here

mine has all those except the courtesy lighting on the exterior door handles. i also have the upgraded aluminium light inlays so can anyone help me with what the courtesy lighting exterior door handles is please? as i dont think mine has it... PS ITS AN S LINE SO HAS LED HEADLIGHTS ETC TOO so surely if its a standard feature my cr should have em
Hi mate. My specs the same as yours and I have no such lighting on the exterior handles. When I bought my last A4 it said the same on the spec sheet and as with the A3 it didn't have it.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Wonder how many more new motors will show their face (lifts) today...mine is now at the paint shop stage...being dusted by emu feathers wtf!..never been so excited to see a car icon whizz across a screen
'Your car will soon be painted Floret silver, metallic, just as you specified. But before we apply the paint, we'll clean your car with emu feathers to remove every speck of dust. And, once we're sure we've achieved exactly the shade you chose, we'll use the emu feathers again to polish your paintwork and ensure a long-lasting metallic sheen'.

Reactions: gripross, SpeedyFrog, pburv and 2 others
And, once we're sure we've achieved exactly the shade you chose, we'll use the emu feathers again to polish your paintwork and ensure a long-lasting metallic sheen'.

Then your dealer will add his own special swirl marks after cleaning your car with a well used sponge :hopelessness:

Reactions: azibux1, SpeedyFrog, SW14NY'S and 3 others
Then your dealer will add his own special swirl marks after cleaning your car with a well used sponge :hopelessness:

Where's Rod Hull when you need him

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, ChivsBang, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Wonder how many more new motors will show their face (lifts) today...mine is now at the paint shop stage...being dusted by emu feathers wtf!..never been so excited to see a car icon whizz across a screen
'Your car will soon be painted Floret silver, metallic, just as you specified. But before we apply the paint, we'll clean your car with emu feathers to remove every speck of dust. And, once we're sure we've achieved exactly the shade you chose, we'll use the emu feathers again to polish your paintwork and ensure a long-lasting metallic sheen'.
2 minutes and 55 seconds in on this video shows the feathers in action...lol

:friends:

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Gordo77 and Rob2k68
2 minutes and 55 seconds in on this video shows the feathers in action...lol

:friends:

I thought i had seen everything...I was wrong...

'An emu's tail feathers are not so soft. Instead, they are stiff, and the bird can rattle them to scare ...'

hmm...so i now have to rely on the feather plucker to ensure they pluck the correct ones!..pluckers the lot of em

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
I thought i had seen everything...I was wrong...

'An emu's tail feathers are not so soft. Instead, they are stiff, and the bird can rattle them to scare ...'

hmm...so i now have to rely on the feather plucker to ensure they pluck the correct ones!..pluckers the lot of em

For Navarra Blue cars they use the finest quality emu feathers, for every other colour it's more of a seagull type feather. :D

Reactions: gripross, pburv, SpeedyFrog and 4 others
Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and Gordo77
Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and SpeedyFrog
Would that be the Rhode Island Red or Bantum breed? Makes a lot of difference.....
Don't get technical now lol :wink new:
They need to justify £550 for metallic paint! Sounds better to tell us they use Emu feather rather than Chicken feather! lol Bigger bird must be better for the paintwork lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Don't get technical now lol :wink new:
They need to justify £550 for metallic paint! Sounds better to tell us they use Emu feather rather than Chicken feather! lol Bigger bird nust be better for the paintwork lol
Then again they could tell their dealership to use a 2 bucket washing technique so as to not f up the good work from our dead Emu friends! lol

Reactions: gripross, Rob2k68, pburv and 1 other person
Then again they could tell their dealership to use 2 bucket washing technique so as to not f up the good work from our dead Emu friends! lol

Ohhhhh! I thought they used live emu's to dance around the cars to make sure the panels were free of dirt. Disappointed now. ;) :D

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and SpeedyFrog
Ohhhhh! I thought they used live emu's to dance around the cars to make sure the panels were free of dirt. Disappointed now. ;) :D
Maybe they do maybe they do! lol
And then they get bbq'ed in the car park in Ingolstadt at the end of a long week of hard work!
They could also leave a little Emu feather souvenir on the fancy leather seats with a note: "Yours Trully. The Emu"

Reactions: azibux1, Rob2k68, Gordo77 and 1 other person
For Navarra Blue cars they use the finest quality emu feathers, for every other colour it's more of a seagull type feather. :D
Ha Ha..Very funny.....They must have used Do Do feathers on mine...lol

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Rob2k68 and Gordo77
Maybe they do maybe they do! lol
And then they get bbq'ed in the car park in Ingolstadt at the end of a long week of hard work!
They could also leave a little Emu feather souvenir on the fancy leather seats with a note: "Yours Trully. The Emu"

LOL :D

BMW apparently use ostrich feathers... are we being shortchanged?

http://www.mini-production-triangle.com/production/paint-shop.aspx

They should add that to the options list:

"Ostrich feather clean before painting: £1200"

:D

Reactions: Rob2k68, SpeedyFrog and pburv
LOL :D

BMW apparently use ostrich feathers... are we being shortchanged?

http://www.mini-production-triangle.com/production/paint-shop.aspx

They should add that to the options list:

"Ostrich feather clean before painting: £1200"

:D
Apparently Mercedes use this guy to do their paint prep......
Upload 2016 9 2 18 29 41

Reactions: gripross, KenL, Jassyo06 and 6 others
Im collecting mine tomorrow and getting it professionally detailed on the following Friday... The Mrs and colleagues think I'm crazy! Pfft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordo77, gripross, S3_RYAN and 3 others
Then again they could tell their dealership to use a 2 bucket washing technique so as to not f up the good work from our dead Emu friends! lol

Have you tried moist pig bristle on the seats?

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Im collecting mine tomorrow and getting it professionally detailed on the following Friday... The Mrs and colleagues think I'm crazy! Pfft

Hope you remember to take some photos for us...!

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68, SpeedyFrog and 1 other person
Will do, 100%

Reactions: S3_RYAN, pburv, Rob2k68 and 2 others
And thoughts on Apple CarPlay... don't think anyone has mentioned it so far...?

Yeah will do, any requests just let me know... Same for anyone else. Car is an S Line Sportback, options are in my signature..

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, pburv, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Apple play gets a thumbs up from me.. Very simple bit of kit but find myself using it everytime I'm in the car.. Perfect for scrolling through the playlists of music on my iPhone whilst it charges inside the armrest. Have used it to make a few calls aswell , very simple to use and get used to.. Haven't really used it for much but what I have used I think it's great.

Reactions: ChivsBang and Gordo77
Good to hear @S3_RYAN ...Pretty sure Spotify works on CarPlay as well. Wondering if the iPhone 7 will have wireless charging, tho guess you need to plugin for CarPlay anyway?

Anyone tried wireless charging on their facelift!?

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Rob2k68, S3_RYAN and 1 other person
Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Rob2k68, S3_RYAN and 1 other person
Good to hear @S3_RYAN ...Pretty sure Spotify works on CarPlay as well. Wondering if the iPhone 7 will have wireless charging, tho guess you need to plugin for CarPlay anyway?

Yeah you need to plug in for CarPlay.. Spotify does work although I've not tried it yet. Whatsapp doesn't work

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Rob2k68 and Gordo77

Tried it with a Nexus 4 and it worked fine, have a Nexus 6P now and wireless charging was dropped for it.

With the USB cable plugged in, my phone does not fit in the phone box.

Reactions: Rob2k68, S3_RYAN and Gordo77
Tried it with a Nexus 4 and it worked fine, have a Nexus 6P now and wireless charging was dropped for it.

With the USB cable plugged in, my phone does not fit in the phone box.
How you enjoying the car mate? Many miles have you clocked up?

Reactions: Rob2k68
So, picked up my Ibis white s3 today, haven't taken any pictures yet as by the time the excitement wore off it was pitched black and I live in the middle of nowhere... But 132 miles since I drove it off the forecourt at 10:30 this morning isn't bad going though I think for one day

I'll upload some pictures of the actual car when I have chance to take some tomorrow in the daylight.

However I did spot a little perk that I never knew the car had until I got out of it just now, it's not part of any extra or pack I've added on just a standard feature and not sure if pre facelifts had them.. A bit petty but I'm the sort of person that likes all the little gimmicks like this.. Illuminated door lights, this shines down from under the door, driver and passenger side, when the door opens as well as the doorsil trim, b+o speakers, and cup holders also light up... I'm just sad enough to find this pretty cool sorry guys

Reactions: gripross, driver_tim, pburv and 4 others
Need to see some images ASAP please- not getting my white one till mid to end Sept and need something to take my mind off.. Logging into My Audi at least four times a day now!!!

I'll post you some pics tomorrow when I have it in daylight was too busy driving and messing around with all the toys inside today haven't got a single photo yet. I'll upload some on here in the next few days for you ✌️

Reactions: Rob2k68 and SpeedyFrog
So, picked up my Ibis white s3 today, haven't taken any pictures yet as by the time the excitement wore off it was pitched black and I live in the middle of nowhere... But 132 miles since I drove it off the forecourt at 10:30 this morning isn't bad going though I think for one day

I'll upload some pictures of the actual car when I have chance to take some tomorrow in the daylight.

However I did spot a little perk that I never knew the car had until I got out of it just now, it's not part of any extra or pack I've added on just a standard feature and not sure if pre facelifts had them.. A bit petty but I'm the sort of person that likes all the little gimmicks like this.. Illuminated door lights, this shines down from under the door, driver and passenger side, when the door opens as well as the doorsil trim, b+o speakers, and cup holders also light up... I'm just sad enough to find this pretty cool sorry guys View attachment 101943

White! Can't wait to see some pics.. My glacier White is still stuck waiting for a ship

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68, SpeedyFrog and 1 other person
White! Can't wait to see some pics.. My glacier White is still stuck waiting for a ship

Is it in the factory in ingolstandt? That's where mine came from only took 5 days once it was on the boat. It'll be sooner than you think I'd say stay patient! I ordered mine at the start of June and waited until today.. So worth it though

Reactions: pburv, SpeedyFrog and ChivsBang
Is it in the factory in ingolstandt? That's where mine came from only took 5 days once it was on the boat. It'll be sooner than you think I'd say stay patient! I ordered mine at the start of June and waited until today.. So worth it though

Order 7 July and know it's at the docks waiting to come over to the UK.. Really can't wait!!!

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and SpeedyFrog
Car play works well. I have been streaming Apple Music which works perfectly but there doesn't seem to be a search facility, just the main headings ie "for you", "new" "radio". You can still search using the phone. Only used it yesterday so I could be missing it. Siri still works so will see if it's possible to search that way.

CarPlay is a decent bit of kit but does have its limitations. On the Apple CarPlay WhatsApp doesn't work however stuff like Apple Music and Spotify are good. Messages work fine and it's funny when it reads out the messages as any emoticons that are sent are described by Siri

The tricky is when plugged in to CarPlay you can't scroll through your phone on the VC etc. (at least on the Q7 - presume same on A3)

Also for me I have a work phone and personal phone, the car can connect both, however as soon as one is plugged in to CarPlay the other is redundant and can't be connected via Bluetooth to the car.

Overall it's ok and I'm sure will with time get better and better as more apps are CarPlay enabled

Reactions: ChivsBang and S3_RYAN
How you enjoying the car mate? Many miles have you clocked up?

Really starting to enjoy it now, just managed about 600 miles. Love the B&O and all the tech and the quality interior.

Gave it the beans up a hill the other day and then had to lift off before the top, lots of burbling and farting on the overrun :sunglasses:

The S-tronic, compared to the DSG in my Golf GTI, seems to be lighting fast although I find the D mode a bit more up and down the box, maybe it's the extra gear. I drive in manual most of the time so not really a problem.

Reactions: pburv, ChivsBang, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
CarPlay is a decent bit of kit but does have its limitations. On the Apple CarPlay WhatsApp doesn't work however stuff like Apple Music and Spotify are good. Messages work fine and it's funny when it reads out the messages as any emoticons that are sent are described by Siri

The tricky is when plugged in to CarPlay you can't scroll through your phone on the VC etc. (at least on the Q7 - presume same on A3)

Also for me I have a work phone and personal phone, the car can connect both, however as soon as one is plugged in to CarPlay the other is redundant and can't be connected via Bluetooth to the car.

Overall it's ok and I'm sure will with time get better and better as more apps are CarPlay enabled
Surprised that not more apps are now available on CarPlay...been out a while now

However I did spot a little perk that I never knew the car had until I got out of it just now, it's not part of any extra or pack I've added on just a standard feature and not sure if pre facelifts had them.. A bit petty but I'm the sort of person that likes all the little gimmicks like this.. Illuminated door lights, this shines down from under the door, driver and passenger side, when the door opens as well as the doorsil trim, b+o speakers, and cup holders also light up... I'm just sad enough to find this pretty cool sorry guys View attachment 101943
looking forward to seeing some pics...more than likely will get me through the weekend!!!!!

Thinking of doing the same... However, I'm new to all this and have no idea how to find a reputable detailer and what to ask for if I did lol

Reactions: Rob2k68
where are all the 'photos' lol ? :)

we wanna SEE these new cars :yes::sunglasses:

Reactions: Sean Byrne, Jassyo06, pburv and 4 others