Post your S4 deals

guyneutron

Reaction score
Hey guys, looooooong time lurker.
I've got the new car bug, I've only had my M140?for about 6-7 months, but think I need something with more boot space, and awd would be pretty sweet too.
Was wondering what are some of your PCP deals you guys got?
And if any of you have come from a rear x40 or x35 BMW ? If so what are your thoughts?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SMCM69
49k list, 20k my deposit, 36 months, 10k miles, £78 a month

£51230 list, 13% discount, £2k deposit, 10k miles, 48 month pcp, £576 per month.

I normally always put large deposit down of £10k - £ 20k but when I did the calculations at the low pcp rate it would cost me circa £ 1000 in interest over the 4 years or £250 per year or £o.68p per day to have my money sitting in the bank. As mentioned this goes against all that I have done in the past but the wife encourage me to take go outside my comfort zone.

We also ordered a new Audi a1 at the same time from the dealer so both cars are coming at the same time.

Shaun

Reactions: JudderMan
And if any of you have come from a rear x40 or x35 BMW ? If so what are your thoughts?
Thanks.

We had a white 2012 plate a few years ago BMW x35d in white, we traded that in against a 64 plate Audi s4 and we sold that 6 months later due to us getting broken into. I missed the s4 estate ever since and never moaned about that car. However, a few years on and we have move to a house with alarms and better security etc...

BMW x35d was great for its higher driving position but I want to move back towards petrol hence why we are trading in our Audi A6 biTDI, which is a big car but excellent. Just can't do diesel and ever time we buy one we end up getting rid of them 12-18 months later.

I still think the BMW infotainment system is excellent and would love to have it in an Audi.

Have always love the shape of the x5, but too big and with the move to a new build house the parking and roads are so tight! Hence the move to the A1 as the daily and the s4 for other.

Shaun

Hey guys, looooooong time lurker.
I've got the new car bug, I've only had my M140?for about 6-7 months, but think I need something with more boot space, and awd would be pretty sweet too.
Was wondering what are some of your PCP deals you guys got?
Thanks.

@guyneutron - Hi & :welcome!: to Audi-Sport.Net !

Most of the online brokers are offering decent discounts at the moment
Last time I checked Orangewheels were doing 14% discount on B9 S4's

Not a S4 & not a PCP deal, but this is still a cracking deal IMHO -

Audi S5 Sportback quattro 5dr Tiptronic (new model)

PCH (Lease) 24 months

Initial payment £3600 incl. VAT
23 months @ £335.99 incl. VAT
10,000 miles / year
13p +VAT / mile excess mileage

Admin fee's £180 incl. VAT

https://www.centralukvehicleleasing...e/77108/audi/a5/s5_quattro_5dr_tiptronic.html

£51230 list, 13% discount, £2k deposit, 10k miles, 48 month pcp, £576 per month.

I normally always put large deposit down of £10k - £ 20k but when I did the calculations at the low pcp rate it would cost me circa £ 1000 in interest over the 4 years or £250 per year or £o.68p per day to have my money sitting in the bank. As mentioned this goes against all that I have done in the past but the wife encourage me to take go outside my comfort zone.

We also ordered a new Audi a1 at the same time from the dealer so both cars are coming at the same time.

Shaun

That's a great discount, which dealer?
My local dealer says 9% is the best they can do, above that it leaves them no room, and carwow deals with high discounts mean there's no 'personal' service, just shifting metal.

That's a great discount, which dealer?
My local dealer says 9% is the best they can do, above that it leaves them no room, and carwow deals with high discounts mean there's no 'personal' service, just shifting metal.

God that annoys me when they make that excuse. I might take a test drive with them and chat to a sales person for an hour or so they then potentially order a car online, that I can track online, how much service does that take? If the car works without issues I then only see them once every 18 months.

What they should say is that it is eating into their profits by having to compete as every other business on earth now has too.

In my experience personal service is overrated and usually false. I would take another 3% discount over personal service any day lol. Besides car wow is only an introduction to a main dealer anyways.
The best offers I had from CW ranged from 9.5 - 13.5% on my spec. As mentioned above, orange wheels seem best at virtually 14%.
Non of the CW good offered were local to me, closes was 50 miles away. But I still used these as evidence when negotiating with my local dealer, we settled on 12.5% to keep my business. Not sure on your location but don't be afraid to walk away and try another dealer!

Reactions: scotty76, Bristle Hound and TripleD
I used Car Wow for my order with a £8.5k discount off list price. The best my local dealer could offer was £3k, and their total lack of interest when I went into the showroom suggested to me that their "personal service" would not be worth £5 never mind £5.5k. I'm nervous at the prospect of buying from a dealer 500 miles from home but at least I'll have a good long drive to get used to the car.

Reactions: scotty76 and Keef
I ordered from Cheltenham Audi - they have mixed reviews but then most dealers do. My e-mail and phone conversations to date have been positive, the real test will be in March when I hopefully pick up the car

Reactions: Keef
Cheltenhams just 30 mins from me, happy to pick it up on you behalf and meet you half way :racer:

I'll just get you to sign the finance papers for me too.:tonguewink:

It is interesting to read the comments about "personal service" when buying from an Audi dealer. My B5 S4 was a personal import and my B8.5 S5 came from Audi Hitchin via Carwow, so I'm ignorant about what sort of service this is. For me the less time I spend in the company of salespeople the better so I'm happy to forego any "personal service" if I get the best price. But I'd be interested to read what the better service would be, so here's my experience:

I put in the Carwow request and got a few offers. I negotiated a bit more by e-mail and the decided to go with Audi Hitchin. I had a salesman contact and exchanged a few e-mails with him and paid my deposit and then I had to wait for the car to be built (this was before the online tracker was launched). I had requested to do my own PDI and so my contact told me when the car would be delivered. On the day I drove up to Hitchin, got the keys and did my inspection without anyone bothering me which was great. A few days later I went back to collect. I had asked for the minimum of preparation since I was going to get my own detailing, however when I arrived my car was in the "delivery room" under a cover. I had to wait a bit but that's fine - the coffee was good and I looked at the showroom cars. Then the car was unveiled and it was immaculate (it had been prepared but later my detailer told me that he did not have to do any paint correction). Then we did the final paperwork etc. and I drove away. The only "freebee" I got was a pair of AMI cables (there was no free oil).

So how much better service have people had who did not go through a broker such as Carwow?

I have ordered two new audis through CW in the last few years. A C7 A6 through Coulsdon and then my current S4 through Salisbury. I live in Brighton so both within 100miles.

Service couldn't have been more different. With the a6, it was tipping with rain, the car was parked outside the dealership in the rain and the sales guy (who was nice enough) clearly wasn't interested at all. This didn't bother me in the slightest, and as it happens, the car was immaculate when I got it home and had a chance to properly look it over, but it wasn't the best handover. I had a massive discount though and would happily do the same for similar.

Salisbury bent over backwards, let the kids play in a load of cars, gave me a 'gift pack' and were generally lovely. Car presented under a silk cover etc, pics and all that. TBH, I found it a bit naff and just wanted to get out of there!

I'd take the discount every time!!!

Reactions: scotty76, Keef and SMCM69
So it possibly varies more dealer to dealer than whether you buy through Carwow or not?
I know what you mean about the presentation charade, however I doubt that the covers are made of silk!

II'd take the discount every time!!!
This ^ very much this ! :thumbs up:
So it possibly varies more dealer to dealer than whether you buy through Carwow or not?
I know what you mean about the presentation charade, however I doubt that the covers are made of silk!
I know I'm a bit OCD, but those 'silk reveal' covers DO actually scratch the car
Just see where the 'Sales Executive' throws it when he takes it off your new car

Reactions: Keef and SMCM69
I know I'm a bit OCD, but those 'silk reveal' covers DO actually scratch the car
Just see where the 'Sales Executive' throws it when he takes it off your new car

Haha.....I would expect this comment to come from your good self :whistle2:

I now think twice about this type of thing as well, but only because of places like this! :glee:

Last edited:
Reactions: Bristle Hound
Don't brush the snow of your car either if the car was dirty beforehand. Use a leaf blower instead, sounds like fun...

Reactions: crazylegscrane and Bristle Hound
Are you sure you should be driving these cars? They'd stay a lot cleaner in the garage... :sly:

So guys what do you think to a 15.3% discount? This is using Orangewheels via a dealer 250 miles away but for nearly 7.3k off a £50k car I'm prepared to travel (or pay for delivery!). Closest dealer to me has said the most they have ever given on an S4 is £2.5k off so no contest. Seems a great deal so highly likely to find myself ordering an S4 on Monday! Trouble is can't get it until Sept due to lease on current car that I can't get out off. Going to be a long wait!!

My local (Ipswich) wouldn't budge much, so went to Kent through CarWow and got about £9k off. Put £3k down and pay £450 a month, 48 months 10k miles. Also got a boot cover, champagne, oil, Audi high via jackets, first aid kit and a few other useless bits chucked in the boot.
Service was ok, mostly because my wife said she wanted an S3 and he was desperate to try and make another sale!

Reactions: TripleD
I got a 16.5% discount from Crawley Audi, including the finance contribution. £55k List, £46k after discount and finance contribution.

Used Car Wow and negotiated another 3% from the initial offer.

Haven't got the car yet, but service has been good so far. Very helpful and engaged.

Reactions: cuke2u
I also got a great discount from Crawley Audi using Orangewheels - not as good as yours QTNC as it was 15.3%, £50k list just over £42k after discount. I was going to go with it but as it was 250 miles away I did a final Car Wow quote and Manchester Audi all but matched it and the monthlies were a few £'s cheaper due to higher GFV. As they are 40 miles away I've gone with them.

Reactions: QTNC
I also got a great discount from Crawley Audi using Orangewheels - not as good as yours QTNC as it was 15.3%, £50k list just over £42k after discount. I was going to go with it but as it was 250 miles away I did a final Car Wow quote and Manchester Audi all but matched it and the monthlies were a few £'s cheaper due to higher GFV. As they are 40 miles away I've gone with them.

Does anyone have a feeling yet on the depreciation on these cars? I'm seeing pretty high prices on demonstrators and stock vehicles, but I guess the market doesn't settle till a couple of years when leases are up?

The B8's seem to be holding up pretty well still at 60% retained value after 3 to 4 years.

The problems is that Audi were giving a discount of £2500 from new and this is affecting the residuals on this vehicle. Yes it may well stabilise after three years, hopefully, but I am looking at some fairly poor prices for my vehicle, almost Ford values...

The problems is that Audi were giving a discount of £2500 from new and this is affecting the residuals on this vehicle. Yes it may well stabilise after three years, hopefully, but I am looking at some fairly poor prices for my vehicle, almost Ford values...

Not sure how an S model compares to a non S model, though I think the diesels do potentially better.

The B8 S4 Avants seem to have held 55% - 60% after 3.5/4 years in some cases, but on a lower starting price. Specced S4's now are £50 - £55k, though with discounts of £5000 to £9000 being offered, so I can see potentially doing worse.

Thought very hard about buying a Macan for this reason. More expensive especially with the options you want and no discounts but still holding 85% of the value currently at 2 years.

Been 2 years plus since I left Audi. About to go for a Saloon S4. Quick question. The offer online is on PCP with a 3.9% APR for a standard S4, no extras. Been quoted for an S4 and extras with a hefty discount and including the £2500 Audi contribution but at 6.2% APR. Is there any reason why I wouldn't of been quoted at the 3.9%?

Finance on mine is 3.9%. Seems very odd to be anything other than that. Really can't see why options would make a difference to what rate the finance is.

Could be to do with credit scoring but seems more like it's just an error!

Didn't get as far as a credit check. Think it's just an error won't be pressured into a deal till I'm 100% satisfied.

Been 2 years plus since I left Audi. About to go for a Saloon S4. Quick question. The offer online is on PCP with a 3.9% APR for a standard S4, no extras. Been quoted for an S4 and extras with a hefty discount and including the £2500 Audi contribution but at 6.2% APR. Is there any reason why I wouldn't of been quoted at the 3.9%?
I was interested in some of these quotes so I had a quick look at those on the Audi UK website. I noticed that (IIRC) the S4 came out as about 3.9% whereas the S5 was around 6.2%. Although I bought my S5 outright, I went through the finance process to get the finance contribution. I learnt that the deal you are offered is far from fixed. I advise you to use the online deal as a guide, and once you have contacted the dealer, haggle more with whoever does the finance there.

APR offers are different for each model. 3.9%APR is on the A4/S4 at present whilst the A5/S5 is 6.2%APR

The dealers can tweak the deals in many different ways to get the figures you need!

I thought the finance deals are fixed for the quarter, there will be a new campaign launched 1st March.
As with my last car and the one I'm waiting for, I was offered the choice of the 2 finance deals as my order / delivery straddled the end to of Q1 and the start of Q2 deals (they are usually virtually the same, last theme the GFV changed).
I believe GFV are fixed By Audi.

I thought the finance deals are fixed for the quarter, there will be a new campaign launched 1st March.
As with my last car and the one I'm waiting for, I was offered the choice of the 2 finance deals as my order / delivery straddled the end to of Q1 and the start of Q2 deals (they are usually virtually the same, last theme the GFV changed).
I believe GFV are fixed By Audi.

I'm not so sure GFV are totally fixed, as when I negotiated my A4 they were able to increase the GFV to reduce the monthly payment by switching it to an "enhanced residual". Whether this is something they can do on all models is another question, but it worked in my case.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm not so sure GFV are totally fixed, as when I negotiated my A4 they were able to increase the GFV to reduce the monthly payment by switching it to an "enhanced residual". Whether this is something they can do on all models is another question, but it worked in my case.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I believe it's linked to milage and term in the most part. Some options can give you 'enhanced residual' but it doesn't add much. I have almost £10k options and the GFV is the same as a car I previously specced with £4k extras (£20k after years). Hoping to at least have some money in the car at that point!