post your weights?-)

JUS3IN

14.0 @ 98mph 2s 60ft
Reaction score
hey all, just been googling and theres quite alot of sites saying the pree facelift s3's are lighter? is this true, if so why? i just checked my boot sticker and mine reads 1429 on a 1999 apy pre facelift, heated seats and alcantara. i know optional extras have a effect but we (well me and anyone else as anal lol) could get a rough idea if anyone wants to check their stickers and post their weight and year... and spec if you want?

here for example
TorqueStats.com :: Performance Car Statistics

and

Audi A3 (8L) Car Specifications and Technical Data and Specs and Fuel Consumption

1133Kg for mine :racer:

would have thought yours would be a lot lighter than that, would love to weigh mine, came with 1145kg but with sai delete and other bits a bobs be interesting to see how much i took off

would have thought yours would be a lot lighter than that, would love to weigh mine, came with 1145kg but with sai delete and other bits a bobs be interesting to see how much i took off

Dont forget that with the larger brakes, bigger anti-roll bars, roll bars inside and the meth tank all adds a bit of weight back on.

Reactions: Tim_Attard
Standard s3 weighs more than a block of flats. Prawns is still 350 bhp + approx and 1133kg........power to weight good me thinks!

Sean

yours will be considerably more than that Tim.

A stock FWD 3 door A3 is 1240kg, I'd imagine the 4 door to be similar if not more. No idea why you're sticker says 1145, that's well out!

Mine was 1060 at one point, pre cage and safety gear, but you can't have everything :)

2 tonnes when the mrs's handbag is in the car.

Reactions: CHEZ
its a heavy mofo i know, its like pushing two cars at santapod... my old impreza was alot ligter even!

its a heavy mofo i know, its like pushing two cars at santapod... my old impreza was alot ligter even!

Went through the whole of this with my mate just the other month as he has a Type R Sti and I think the original Sti RA is one of the lightest....nudges around 1170 on the scales. I don't think any of the classic scoobys get close to the S3s weight. But then again there's not a huge amount going on with the interior of the car! Lol

Took my motor on a weigh bridge the other week Justin..... 1460kg without me in it......quarter tank of fuel and with my summer alloys/tyres. Rest of the mods in sig. The sticker in the boot says 1478 so not too far off- but the car had had so much changed from when it was new I was interested in knowing myself. Pop along to your local tip/incinerator and you should be able to get her weighed.

Not the most accurate those big weigh bridges but yeah they give you a good idea anyway. Keep meaning to get mine on but its out of the way for me to just go and do it and costs £9. I got my A4 down to 1220 with 1/4 tank. S3 would be epic if it was that weight.

Reactions: Prawn
In the classic Subarus all the weight is very low as well thanks to the boxer engine.

Sticker says 1464 on mine.

I proved how easy it would be to shed over 100kgs in interior and spare wheel when I weighed a load of bits before Inters. I think it would be easy enough to get an S3 under 1300kgs.

yours will be considerably more than that Tim.

A stock FWD 3 door A3 is 1240kg, I'd imagine the 4 door to be similar if not more. No idea why you're sticker says 1145, that's well out!

Mine was 1060 at one point, pre cage and safety gear, but you can't have everything :)

oh really? :/ i was just going by parkers not my sticker will have a look when i next spend some time on it

yea the Parkers figures is well out mate. Years ago when I was 19, Parkers used to quote 970Kg for an S3, I thought it was a proper thoroughbred sports car with some serious weight reduction going on.

Then I joined ASN all those years ago and found out the lardy truth :laugh:

Reactions: JUS3IN and Tim_Attard
remember you saying now chris, i would like to know how much you could drill out of the bracing in the doors, boot, bonnet ect.. old skool american drag style! i wouldnt want to trade my heated seats out myself, would like to get some nice blue black light weight recaros then retro fit the heat in!-)

Sticker says 1464 on mine.

I proved how easy it would be to shed over 100kgs in interior and spare wheel when I weighed a load of bits before Inters. I think it would be easy enough to get an S3 under 1300kgs.

the front seats and rear bench added up to over 100kg when i put them on the scales at home! i believe my sticker says 1420kg for a 1999 S3 with heated leather and no esp

what year goubo1??? it seems the earlier ones are 40kg at least lighter!! i also have no esp or sunroof but have heated electric seats with alcantara (probably lighter than leather?)... at 1429 on a pre facelift 1999.

also it seems on my car every ten kilo i lose is worth 1.5bhp per ton, im at 199bhp per ton if i can shave 100kg i'll be at 214bhp per ton... interesting if not slightly anal lol!-) using the performance calculator on ma other thread...

what year goubo1??? it seems the earlier ones are 40kg at least lighter!! i also have no esp or sunroof but have heated electric seats with alcantara (probably lighter than leather?)... at 1429 on a pre facelift 1999.

mines is a 2000 pre facelift sunroof ESP heated alcantara leather seats

My S3 (is a original german car) and is 1375Kg

MY2000

lightest so far mexx... to think your already 100kg lighter than some! whats the spec? your 15bhp per ton better than some!!!

bone stock. (only mods lighter flywheel (7KG instead of 14KG), FMIC and big brake kit)

Here in holland we pay taxes by weights. So this was a better option than a newer type that weights 1420kg

maybe LHD makes it lighter?
I don't know.

Recaro's black leather heated
APY
no sunroof and stuff

Yeah the difference in weight between a TQS and an S3 will be things like rollbar thickness , brake disc size stuff like that... all the stuff you would want to uprgrade if you had a TQS