Posting a New Classified Advert

dpaz

Reaction score
Doesn't work for me, gives a blank white page then I loose my advert so have to write it again.

Classifieds in general is a bit of a mess as lots of duplications/incorrect category.

Doesn't work for me, gives a blank white page then I loose my advert so have to write it again.
It does that,very tempermental or as I like to say CRAP

Reactions: JudderMan and dpaz
The for sale section is a known flaw with in the forum been discussed loads of times.

going back to a normal forum section with some new mods, set rules will be fine.
it works for countless other forums.

Reactions: dpaz
The for sale section or the whole forum?

Can you give specifics so we can pass it on?

Okay but first forgive me for the rant!

I'm a member of few forums on the net such as AVForums, MK5GolfGTi, Detailing World, Edition38 and all these seem to offer a better experience. Maybe that's because the version of Vbulletin AS uses is old.

While searching the forum I've noticed quite a few threads gave me a blank page of "Data not found".

The platform specific forums are a bit of a mess with the same question being asked repeatedly.

I personally don't agree with Traders being allowed moderator status.

Ah okay, good to know, never realised that.

I just think for such a big forum (80,000 members) I'd thought it would provide a better user experience. I'm not suggesting it needs more features or forum add on's, but a rethink as to the forum structure and an improvement in reliability.

Platform specific sub-sections (child sections) for "Mechanical", "Electrics", "Retro fit guides" and such would be great for the forum.

The classifieds sections of a forum tend to one of the most popular areas and yet the Audi-Sport one is a bit of mess. Adverts are duplicated, posted in wrong catergories and never seem to get cleaned up or moderated in any shape or form.

The best classifieds forum I've ever been on is AVForums. They have their own feedback system and have strict rules.

Have to agree with Dpaz, classified section is a joke. I've been a member for around a year now and whilst being highlighted constantly nothing has changed.

Search function is also pretty poor and why is there not a members motors section?

Have to agree with Dpaz, classified section is a joke. I've been a member for around a year now and whilst being highlighted constantly nothing has changed.

Search function is also pretty poor and why is there not a members motors section?

You mean the garage?

You mean the garage?

is the garage a forum or just somewhere to post pics and details?

Every car/bike forum I've been on has a members motors section, somewhere to post pics of there car and for others to comment on. To me it's a basic of a forum. I know we have a projects section but that's clearly marked for major projects etc.

Every car/bike forum I've been on has a members motors section, somewhere to post pics of there car and for others to comment on. To me it's a basic of a forum. I know we have a projects section but that's clearly marked for major projects etc.

We have a garage area for members cars, button at the top of forum. At the top of each individual section there is a post a pics of your cars thread which you can comment on. :) x

Personally id just ignore that and post away.
Cause every car is a project really, it don't matter if its full strip for the track, bare bones rebuild for concourse shows or just daily driving, cleaning and maintenance.

Its a your project and me personally, I like reading them all.

Be easier if they was all in one place though :ninja:

We have a garage area for members cars, button at the top of forum. At the top of each individual section there is a post a pics of your cars thread which you can comment on. :) x

Aware of all that Sandra but it's not a members motors section or indeed anything like it.

As on most other forums it's nice to read other peoples or have your own thread to post and record the development of your car. A sticky in each section would be ideal. On here it's like you're trying to reinvent the wheel and failing, over complicating and cluttering the simplicity that a forum should be.

Personally id just ignore that and post away.
Cause every car is a project really, it don't matter if its full strip for the track, bare bones rebuild for concourse shows or just daily driving, cleaning and maintenance.

Its a your project and me personally, I like reading them all.

Be easier if they was all in one place though :ninja:

i agree but the wording of that section probably puts new members off from starting a thread in it, put me off.

Probably explains the lack of traffic in that section.

anyway, apologies to the OP for spamming his thread, hope you get it sorted mate!!

Reactions: ScottD3
Ajax1976 no your not spamming at all. Very relevant in fact.

I agree completely with the over complication point you raised. The classifieds section is a great example, it has unnecessary features such as advert length. I mean I have no idea why that feature is necessary. Why not just allow members to delete or archive their own classifieds. I'm sure everybody puts 365 days regardless as they won't have a clue how quickly an item will sell.

Yep pretty naff if you ask me, much better way would be forum sections for classified in a similar way to edition38 or most other forums you see

This forum is miles behind the likes of:

Audizine Forums

Just look at the incredible layout and forum structure they have set-up such as model specific child forums for "Technical" and "Classified" categories.

Audi-Sport doesn't appear to have changed since I joined in 2011. I get the impression whoever owns it isn't that bothered.

I can't post in the classies from tappatalk. Is this a known problem.