Potential performance gains?

Tqm

Reaction score
Hi everyone
Noob here, so I've recently bought an A3 8P 2009 as my first car it has a 1.6L 4 cylinder petrol producing 102BHP , engine code AVU. My question is would it be worth putting money into the car for performance gains or am i just too limited by the hardware due to no turbo for anything significant? Other than a stage 1 tune how could I extract more power out of the car or would it be better to wait until my insurance goes down so i can afford a better setup to start modding?

Hi everyone
Noob here, so I've recently bought an A3 8P 2009 as my first car it has a 1.6L 4 cylinder petrol producing 102BHP , engine code AVU. My question is would it be worth putting money into the car for performance gains or am i just too limited by the hardware due to no turbo for anything significant? Other than a stage 1 tune how could I extract more power out of the car or would it be better to wait until my insurance goes down so i can afford a better setup to start modding?
Nope save you money and buy a turbod car

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sibmets
Yes, just wait and enjoy what you have

I would be surprised if you would get very much extra power from the car with a tune. Better off just servicing it and making sure it's running as well as it can. Save your money in a bank account for the next car .

Maximum you can get from.tweaking fueling is probably 5-10bhp as my civic type r ep3 was mapped by previous owner from 200 to 215 ( piontless)

As desert said above maintain it to suit your needs save up your money and then get an s3

Thanks for the advice, kind of disappointing but at least I cant kill myself building up some NCD.

Reactions: e9_mustii
For sure i would reccomend a turbod car for a first car anyway if your anything like me the road turn into a race track and **** can turn south quick not worth it as u tend to make stupid risks, weve all be there and done it and hopefully you wont.

Drive safe !

My first car was a turbo car. The one and only R5 GTT

Reactions: e9_mustii
Hi everyone
Hi.
If you ever need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.