Pothole :(

I reported 3 pot holes on one road since Thursday, they were all patched today.. thing is, looks like the rubbish 60 second job and a temporary fix, so no doubt will need repairing again in the future... at least they were done quickly I suppose... Stupid potholes

Just saw this on a local news site, what a joke
Wtf

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I've just had to pay Audi £1057 for 2 new alloy wheels due to a big pothole. You can bet I'm going to be claiming that + the tyres off the council...

Jeez. Any pics of the damage?

Not much to see really, will try and get some photos of the wheels as they come off. You could only tell when new tyres were put on and you spin the wheels, you can see they aren't round any more! Hairline crack in one of them too.

Reactions: SamR92
I reported 3 pot holes on one road since Thursday, they were all patched today.. thing is, looks like the rubbish 60 second job and a temporary fix, so no doubt will need repairing again in the future... at least they were done quickly I suppose... Stupid potholes

Just saw this on a local news site, what a joke
View attachment 152333

First question is, has anyone reported it on-line? Amazing the number which go un-reported, giving the local authority the "out" when damage occurs.

Reactions: 4K and Jassyo06
First question is, has anyone reported it on-line? Amazing the number which go un-reported, giving the local authority the "out" when damage occurs.
You would hope so considering the size but who knows..
My council website has a question when you start to report an issue "Are you reporting a problem that is dangerous or could cause injury" - if you say yes it gives a number to call. If I had seen it, I'd have been calling that number... (albeit it was a different council but you get the gist!)

Crazy how quickly some of these holes just come out of no where though

Reactions: Audi Bairn
You would hope so considering the size but who knows..
My council website has a question when you start to report an issue "Are you reporting a problem that is dangerous or could cause injury" - if you say yes it gives a number to call. If I had seen it, I'd have been calling that number... (albeit it was a different council but you get the gist!)

Crazy how quickly some of these holes just come out of no where though

Yeah, our councils website portal has changed now so that you need to have registered (understandable, to minimise fake calls being logged) but luckily for our area they (so far) act reasonably quickly. But there are so many now all over the place.

North Ayrshire’s reporting site is pathetic, they don’t let you pin point it, you click on a stretch of road and it divides it into chunks, and if a single pothole has already been reported on that stretch they don’t let you submit it, even if it’s a new one

Reactions: 4K
Just a though of where we could get some £s for our road repairs:

"For every hundred pounds that’s made in the UK, seventy pence goes towards foreign aid.

Another way to say this is that the government has a target to spend 0.7% of the UK’s Gross National Income on overseas development aid each year. Gross National Income (GNI) is the UK’s annual output of goods and services, plus any income we get from abroad.

In 2016, the UK spent £13.4 billion on overseas aid, in line with the 0.7% target.

Because the UK economy is set to get bigger over the next few years the real value of development aid spending is expected to increase.

By 2021 we could be spending about £14.5 billion, based on the Office for Budget"
:sadlike:

Note: to put some perspective on the above: our government today announces £75m over the next 5-years to be invested in prostate cancer research that kills 12,000 men/year, approx...

PS: my prostate was taken out last year and so now more worries, PS now 0.008 :yahoo:

Take care all you males... :thumbs up:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Audi Bairn
Just a though of where we could get some £s for our road repairs:

"For every hundred pounds that’s made in the UK, seventy pence goes towards foreign aid.

Another way to say this is that the government has a target to spend 0.7% of the UK’s Gross National Income on overseas development aid each year. Gross National Income (GNI) is the UK’s annual output of goods and services, plus any income we get from abroad.

In 2016, the UK spent £13.4 billion on overseas aid, in line with the 0.7% target.

Because the UK economy is set to get bigger over the next few years the real value of development aid spending is expected to increase.

By 2021 we could be spending about £14.5 billion, based on the Office for Budget"
:sadlike:

Note: to put some perspective on the above: our government today announces £75m over the next 5-years to be invested in prostate cancer research that kills 12,000 men/year, approx...

PS: my prostate was taken out last year and so now more worries, PS now 0.008 :yahoo:

Take care all you males... :thumbs up:

I live in worcester and money is not the problem its where it get spent as at the moment the council highway have decided to spend 1.2million rasining a road (200 meters not hole road) by 18inxh to stop it flooding (its only flooded twice in 15 years) yet there pot holes that get patched in roughly once a month instead of a proper job no guess to where the money should be going.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4K
Local pothole
a1ab2b9486823d36fcdf30f2f68172b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 45bvtc, SamR92 and Audi Bairn
Pothole I hit was finally fixed yesterday, although they still seem to be ignoring my damage claim.

Managed to acquire a stone chip on the drivers side rear alloy, this car is cursed!

Pothole I hit was finally fixed yesterday, although they still seem to be ignoring my damage claim.

Managed to acquire a stone chip on the drivers side rear alloy, this car is cursed!
Small Claims Court will get their attention