Power loss in 3rd 4th 5th and 6th HELP!!

Asa Faircloth

Reaction score
Hi all, had my s3 mapped and ever since i have had it mapped ive had a problem with the car to do with the power dropping off in higher gears the car pulls through 1st and second gear without a fault and in 3rd gear it will pull really good but at about 4thousand revs it sort of looses boost then re appears again after a very small period of time but its noticeable but in 4th 5th and 6th when putting my foot down the car feels as if it hits boost then after a second looses the boost and stays there without the boost coming back i would have said it is a boost leak so i changed the DV valve and had to change the ignition coils before that i then had the car smoke tested and there was a leak so i sorted the leak out but the problem still continues & i havent completely ruled the boost leak out as the smoke test only goes down the pipes at like 1-2 psi so its not going to put the same amount of pressure in there as the turbo is when i measured the car to see what was happening in 1st second and third i was pulling just over 26psi and when i planted my foot in 4th 5th and 6th i would hit around 16 psi then it would drop down to 15 and hold there anyone got any idea what this could be at all?

Who did the map and what stage? If you are stage 2+ then it could be the HPFP not powerful enough.

Reactions: owieb
Sounds like the clutch is slipping. Is yours a manual by any chance??
If so it will need replaced.. it's your luck if the clutch hold out or not but sounds like mine and slipped instantly after stage 1.

Yeah mine did slip instantly after my stage 1 map but then i was told about something to do with the clutch plate becoming polished or crystalized and was told to put the car in 6th gear with the handbreak on rev it up and let the clutch fully out for about 5 seconds to burn off the crystalized layer and after i did this i no longer had my clutch slip just my loss of power which i have always had ever since having it mapped ?