power steering fluid change an bits

neils audi

Reaction score
audi s4 b7 84 k 2005 steering fluid a bit brown, not sure when or if its ever been replaced .
how easy is it to do

also battery swop out and aux belts heard bumper has to come off for aux belt change?
any help app thanks

guess its a garage job as then as i cant find any info

audi s4 b7 84 k 2005 steering fluid a bit brown, not sure when or if its ever been replaced .
how easy is it to do

also battery swop out and aux belts heard bumper has to come off for aux belt change?
any help app thanks

Hi neil,

The powersteering is easy to replace it just depends if u want to do it the "proper" way or just the faster way.

The proper way its longer and requires alot more effort. The faster way I have found more than suitable.

The powersteering fluid you will require is - G004000M2 as G002000 has been super sieded. Its about £10 per a liter from Audi and you will only require one litre.

Batter swop you dont need to remove anything regarding the bumper.

The Aux belts can be done with out the removal of the bumper but it is tight. This is why people suggest bumper removal for ease of access.

Changing the battery is easy - although fiddly, and not good for your back! It's a heavy lump, and lifting it out of the car is a real recipe for problems if you have any form of back issues. My advice is bite the bullet and pay the little bit extra to have the likes of Halfords do it for you, which also saves you the hassle of disposing of the old one.

@ Giosabcsl - out of interest, what is the "proper" and "faster" way please?

@ Giosabcsl - out of interest, what is the "proper" and "faster" way please?

Sure thing. So the above link you saw from Audizine that the more proper way.

The faster way doesnt involve any mess and literally can be done in under 5 mins. All you need is a syphon, turkey blaster or some form of suction item.

Then all you do is suck out as much old fluid out of the power steering container. Then u fill it up almost to the top of the container start the vehicle and turn the steering lock to lock a few times or you can go out and drive the car which ever you prefer. Then return, remove the lid suck the fluid out and repeat the above. Until you see nice green fluid. Literally that easy.

sounds fun looks like easier way ref power steerin an garage for battery summer for aux belt i think
cheers