Power Washer Recommendations

@jamiewatkins2004 - Used the new Nilfisk a couple of times now
Its defo a very well made machine - you can feel the quality right down to the lance and gun

I like the fact that I can now wind the hose up instead of fighting with it at the end of usage
Cable tidy is neat to

& yes it is powerful - it certainly pumps the water out
Did a bit of snow foaming today & boy it does thicken the foam up being a more powerful PW

Like I've said it is heavy so if this is an issue I would avoid it TBH

Overall I'm very happy
Now lets see how long it lasts
My old 11 year old Nilfisk which cost me £60 still works fine, other than a bit of pulsing before pulling the gun trigger, so here's fingers crossed
Apologies BH for reviving an old thread. My K4 packed up this morning (just over three years old too!) And interested how you've been getting along with the Nilfisk?

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

My Halfords one started leaking last week after about 6 years. Still works but water flowing from inside it.

Ordered a Nilfisk E150 from cleanstore. With 3 cars, a 70sq m drive, 80sq m patio, and large greenhouse, the suggestion it will only last 50hrs will soon be put to the test.

@jamiewatkins2004 - Used the new Nilfisk a couple of times now
Its defo a very well made machine - you can feel the quality right down to the lance and gun

I like the fact that I can now wind the hose up instead of fighting with it at the end of usage
Cable tidy is neat to

& yes it is powerful - it certainly pumps the water out
Did a bit of snow foaming today & boy it does thicken the foam up being a more powerful PW

Like I've said it is heavy so if this is an issue I would avoid it TBH

Overall I'm very happy
Now lets see how long it lasts
My old 11 year old Nilfisk which cost me £60 still works fine, other than a bit of pulsing before pulling the gun trigger, so here's fingers crossed

I am also a Nilfisk fan, I purchased mine years ago for £60 too. May upgrade to the same one as you as it looks to be a definite improvement.

Patio and driveways are best NOT cleaned with a pressure washer !!
I am sure most will use a patio attachment like the Karcher t-racer. Are you referring to this? I too have acres of hard surface to clean each year how do you go about doing this yourself?

I get 20L of Sodium Hypochlorite for a tenner .

Mix 1:1 with water , wet with water what you wish to clean and spray the solution .

Ware wellies and shagged clothes .

Strong stuff .

Similar to this...

Lol , rip off weak stuff .
91vL GReFYL AC SX569

Enjoy .

Patio and driveways are best NOT cleaned with a pressure washer !!
The Nilfisk just arrived today. Gave it a whirl. The patio tool is tremendous. I can't believe how easy it is to bring Indian sandstone back to looking brand new. It's as easy as vacuuming the living room

Looks like there's a new kid on the block AVA a Norwegian make. Not the cheapest but comes with a 20 yr guarantee

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Nice one
I've ordered one today, how long did yours take to arrive?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Nilfisk E145 Pressure Washer used most weekends to wash 2 cars and to wash the patio & decking 2 to 3 times a year. Still going strong almost 2 years old.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I get 20L of Sodium Hypochlorite for a tenner .

Mix 1:1 with water , wet with water what you wish to clean and spray the solution .

Ware wellies and shagged clothes .

Strong stuff .

Similar to this...

Lol , rip off weak stuff .
View attachment 234899

Enjoy .

I just use my handy large blow torch canon. works a treat and no chemicals

Jumping in on this thread as I am a car cleaning/detailing freak :) Been doing high level car washing for years now , not enough to be classed a detailer but far higher than most weekend cleaners :) The garage is like a mecca of car detailing products and takes up an entire wall/shelving of the stuff. You name it , I have tried it and love a nicely washed car.
I have , for my sins, always had Karcher and totally agree the build quality has suffered over the years to such an extent that I know my K4 is on borrowed time.
I have noticed over the years that the quality has gone downhill and certain parts are just so annoying. The hose is the best example, so stiff that it is impossible to wind back up at the end of the day. Eventually I will , when my K4 dies, bin the brand and go for this model
https://www.cleanstore.co.uk/products/Product.asp?ID=16235
Yes I know it is not cheap but at least it will last a few more years than any other model on the market.
In the meantime I have done a few upgrades to the K4 which have made it more bearable. Fairly inexpensive upgrades and one is a massive hack but thought I would have a go :)
First off the hose, utter ***** and so stiff. So binned it for one from direct hoses and the short gun combo. 5 metres of lovely kink free hose
https://www.directhoses.net/collect...hose-and-short-trigger-with-quick-fit-nozzles
Now for the hack. My model is the K4 but not the premium model which means it has not got the hose reel which is annoying, just a hook to manually wind the hose.
Like this thing
Screenshot 2023 01 17 at 091143

But then I noticed that the premium version has the reel and in looking at the spare parts I could see the nozzle connector looked very similar so ordered just the parts I needed from here
Screenshot 2023 01 17 at 091325

Basically you need the inner wheel, the outer wheel and the 9002 bit. Took apart my plastic foot/hook thing where the original hose connects to, added in these three parts, and after a little bit of swearing got it all connected. Now I have a working hose reel and all is good with the world :)

I think there is an element of you get what you pay for with some products and lifespan.
Clearly they have a rated working lifespan either domestic useage or pro, using a domestic pressure washer every other day over a period of time will take its toll , and agreed a lot of the new kit on the market is pretty rubbish quality.

I gave up buying cheap ones and went with a diesel washer, which came with an engine spares kit too.
My prvious petrol item was stolen and i think i paid just over £800 for this one but that was a good few years back now.
Starts on the button everytime and bullet proof.
I use it on my tractors, on the car, and everywhere frankly that needs a good blast.

Reactions: swisstony
Agreed but it's only a small one but makes up for size in sheer quanity of mud sometimes lol

My first one was a Karcher, came with a 5 year warranty at the time!!! The pump went on it and I couldn't find the warranty/receipt anywhere :unamused: I bought another Karcher and then a few months later found the receipt for the original one! :shrug:The warranty was still in date by 1 month when it had packed in :cry:

The new Karcher packed in with the same problem a few months after the warranty ran out....no more plastic pumps after that. Next one was a Nilfisk https://www.cleanstore.co.uk/products/Product.asp?ID=13385, if all goes well it will be 8 years old in march :sunglasses: It's had a hard life as well, not only doing cars, but also friends and relatives drives & patios, on top of my own.

Last edited: