Pre-f/l led to f/l led taillight wiring harness retrofit

robsey29

Reaction score
As the title says I thought I had the correct harness lined up but it appears it's the wrong one. I have seen kufatec do one for around £80 delivered but is there any other options?

This is for the avant retrofitting pre-facelift led rear lights to facelift led lights.

I have found one in germany but i have emailed them to see if it will fit a rhd car to which they said no. Will it make any difference if its for a lhd or rhd?

I am now at a loose end with this and almost ready to give up if anyone has any info before i chuck the towel in.

It will make a difference as the fog and reverse lights will be the opposite way round.

Any ideas which pins need changing around on the lhd harness?

Sorry mate ignore me I've just had a look at mine and it has reverse and fog lights on both sides. The only difference I can see on the diagrams is for the US model which has side markers plus a slight difference in how the convenience module is wired. But that is only for the US model.

Sorry mate ignore me I've just had a look at mine and it has reverse and fog lights on both sides. The only difference I can see on the diagrams is for the US model which has side markers plus a slight difference in how the convenience module is wired. But that is only for the US model.
So are we saying the lhd harness is exactly the same setup as the rhd harness?

I couldnt say 100% I do know the F/L Lights have extra wires and the pin out is different to the pre F/L. Have you tried asking @A6tyy who has done the conversion?

I couldnt say 100% I do know the F/L Lights have extra wires and the pin out is different to the pre F/L. Have you tried asking @A6tyy who has done the conversion?
Looks like this member has done it on a saloon so will be different. Thanks for your help.

Do we have a parts list for the Avant for a pre-facelift halogen to facelift LED conversion?

Seems like it's commonly agreed that an extra wire is needed from either side of the inner lights for the indicator part.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk