Pre face-lift oem+ journey

Damos87

Reaction score
Evening all I've previously been on over vag forums and have always done a thread on what changes I have done on my car to help anyone else out looking at doing the same, So here we go,
Screenshot 20201209 183023
Screenshot 20201209 183028

So new car was brought in December last year with the intention off getting a big car on airride, spec of car is a 2012 2.0tdi 177bhp cglc engine s line trim, (if I could I would have gone to a 3.0 bitdi) but for me this was to cheap to miss out on, I ran the car with not doing to many things for the first couple of months and have now started the changes if anyone else has the c7 pre face-lift s line trim I have found some parts are very had to get or just do not exist so hopefullythis thread will help out anyone else, so first of all I wanted to change the front grill I wanted and rs style but with out the quottro section at the bottom and couldn't find this any where apart from China (with a 8-12 week wait) so after looking Non stop I found a genuine rs6 grill and jumped at it, with the bumper having to be removed I also ordered lower splitter as can do both jobs in one hit, (splitter was just a maxton design version 2 )
IMG 20210416 WA0002
20210416 164538
ok the grill was not a straight fit as the rs one had a couple more screw fixings which I just removed with a small dremel, splitter was an easy fit just had to make some small holes in the under tray part that slots into the bumper ( to get access to tighten bolts) also number plate are held on with a quick release clips ( brought of eBay )

Couple of weeks later it was time for wheels now I have a set that I want but funds and car suspension do not allow for me to get at the moment so iv I decided to get a daily wheel with the intention of the other set later on, what I decided on was a set of ispiri isr6 20" 8.5j front and 10j rear when fitting the wheels maxton design side lips was fitted at the same time,
IMG 20210501 WA0013
After fitting wheel I wasn't to happy with the front as they just get swallowed up in the arch, ( tyre size was 255 35 20 on the 10j and 235 40 20 on the 8.5j) so I called the company where I got them from and order a set of 10j for the front and am much happier now
20210706 193229
20210706 193242

So final spec on the wheels are now ispiri isr6 20" et 35 10j all round with 255 35 20 tyres on all,
And this is the car up to date at the mo I have other bits in the garage awaiting to go on, ( oem heated seats / air ride / exhaust with rs rear bumper ) plus more bits in the pipe line, I'm always open to advise if anyone else has the pre face-lift on where to source parts and am happy to help anyone that want/needs advise where I can give it,
Looking forward to get to some of the shows/meets and get to meet other members

Reactions: denzelburner, L111 FAD, Bulldog and 1 other person
Hi lovely car it's looking very smart with the mods you've done so far. Good choice in changing the front wheels looks a lot better. I like the concave style, when you say you have air ride to put on - is it aftermarket or genuine? If its aftermarket what's the details of it and what is involved in the fitting?
Will look even better when you have it fitted.

I'll be following your progress closely as I have just bought my first Audi and am planning similar mods as you so thanks for posting. I'm new to this so your thread will help me a lot.

Mine is pre facelift 2011 SE spec, had it just over a week now.
IMG 20210627 175934
IMG 20210626 175214

Hi lovely car it's looking very smart with the mods you've done so far. Good choice in changing the front wheels looks a lot better. I like the concave style, when you say you have air ride to put on - is it aftermarket or genuine? If its aftermarket what's the details of it and what is involved in the fitting?
Will look even better when you have it fitted.

I'll be following your progress closely as I have just bought my first Audi and am planning similar mods as you so thanks for posting. I'm new to this so your thread will help me a lot.

Mine is pre facelift 2011 SE spec, had it just over a week now.
View attachment 239496View attachment 239497
Hi there and thanks, hope your liking the new car, from all my searching iv noticed that aftermarket parts seem to be easier to get for the se model (pre face-lift) so hopefully you shouldn't struggle as much as I have, the air ride is aftermarket, I haven't got everything yet but I will be running airlift 3p 3/8 management with Iver one 485c gen 2 compressor or two 444c gen with a seamless 4 gallon tank, (this will all be hidden in the spare wheel area as still need the boot space) as for the suspension it's self I will be going to plush and getting there abp bags, as iv worked with airlift and had friends with airlift slam and performance set ups and iv just heard better things about the abp stuff,

Reactions: Nathan89
I’ve done similar Mods on mine but it’s a facelift & went for KW Coilovers over Air as couldn’t justify the extra costs.

Reactions: Damos87
I’ve done similar Mods on mine but it’s a facelift & went for KW Coilovers over Air as couldn’t justify the extra costs.

Hi there, yeh I saw your post on the kW coilovers looks nice at your ride hight the a6 are just so hi from factory, and the airride for myself lucky I already have all the management so my only new cost is the bags, just out of interest which version of the kW did you have,

@Damos87 There KW Street Comforts & they ride absolutely amazingly.
iv had v1 on a previous car and for the basic set I was more than happy, I do have a leon st that I might look into coilovers and will have a look into the street comforts, thanks

The rears are on the lowest setting but there’s still a 10-12mm spring locator which could be removed to get lower & there’s loads of adjustment on the front to get even lower as well. I see your running 10’s all round which I thought would of poked quite a bit. I’ve been looking at some 9.5 x 21 all round but not seen a set for the right price yet plus just fitted a full set of PS4’s all round on the 20’s.

03B54072 43A5 4966 8E1A CF411CDBD37A
8EBE0202 24A4 45B4 B794 7BA4553836A8

Reactions: Nathan89 and Damos87
Yeh 10j with a et of 35, 255 tyre so it does have a ever so slight stretch to it, I have loads of clearance at the back and when I come to lower I will possibly see about adjusting camber but I'm pretty confident that this will not need moving for clearance only looks, I was tempted by going 21" but couldn't find a set I liked and cost wise for a daily wheel, once car is on air I'll be looking into a set of lamborghini 20" 11j all round with an et 40, if we can get them to fit right
Screenshot 20210708 194022 eBay

Are they from an Urus ?
Seem to be on the huracan most but have seen on other models witch I'm assuming they was an extra when car was brought the car, the original set is 8.5j front and 11j rear so I'm going to get them individually or as a rear set to get the 11j all round I'm after, I have no idea on tyre size yet that will be played with once I get a couple off wheels and can try different sets

What’s the Pcd & Centre bore on them ?
5x112 and the rears are 66.5 so will need an ever so slight grind to bring them to the a6 66.6 I have been told of an engineering company in Essex that can do this, as Id be tempted to do myself but not sure as it's wheels

Just get the angle grinder out lol. Spit & polish in Tonbridge might be able to do that as well.

Wow I'd like to see those wheels on an A6 good luck and definitely post pictures as you go.

Air bags is a very big expense for me also, so looking into coilovers at the minute. The KW Comfort Sport do look a good set. High on the price scale for me still lol.

Reactions: Damos87
So I've decided to keep the bumpers I have and just get front splitter and rear diffuser. It's just really confusing with the rear splitter as all the ones I like seam to be with exhausts on both sides. I've had a look and are the exhaust tips just bolt on??? (fake lol)

I'm also thinking that pre facelift s line side skirts would really look good.
Would they just be a straight swap???

So I've decided to keep the bumpers I have and just get front splitter and rear diffuser. It's just really confusing with the rear splitter as all the ones I like seam to be with exhausts on both sides. I've had a look and are the exhaust tips just bolt on??? (fake lol)

I'm also thinking that pre facelift s line side skirts would really look good.
Would they just be a straight swap???
There’s loads more parts for pre facelift se so making changes will be a lot easier. As for rear diffusers putting a fake exhaust on one side won’t matter to much as most new Audi’s have them as stock.

There’s loads more parts for pre facelift se so making changes will be a lot easier. As for rear diffusers putting a fake exhaust on one side won’t matter to much as most new Audi’s have them as stock.
Yeah I've been looking but I can't seam to find much for non S LINE pre facelift models??