PRE-fl RS3 understeer?

• Thread starter Deleted member 117185
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 117185

is the understeer as bad as some people say it is?

If so, what are the fixes? I heard making sure you have 255 wheels on the front helps, but when using Michelin tyres it’s causing issues with TC flashing?

Also heard stiffer springs on the rear and uprated anti roll bar on the rear also help?

Is this all rubbish? If pushing on on a country road will I feel understeer? Or is it more just on track where you’ll feel the undeesteer more? Is the facelift a big improvement?

I have the PFL model and when pushing on especially around the twisty’s can’t say I have ever experienced any understeer.
Now this could be I’m not pushing hard enough or owners are not judging the bends and going into them he’ll for leather with nothing left in reserve.
My car is standard at the moment. Not lowered or has any suspension mods

I never felt understeer in the standard car but the rear ARB is such a cheap mod that I did it anyway. The car did feel better afterwards but hard to say why. I did have wider setup anyway at front.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

The understeer in the S3 is shocking. The RS3 is miles better. Mine has 255 fronts.

I installed the rear H&R arb and the difference is very significant. Very noticeable in particular suspension modes and again with traction control off.

Cheap mod and very effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the road it's almost impossible to go to the cars limit and feel understeer. I never did.

On the track, when going 100% for it, it understeers quite badly, but so does the FL. I tried both on a track already.

I had the 255 pirelli's and i could make it understeer especially in the wet. I now have stiffer rate springs, rear ARB and michelin PS4S and the car is now a beast. Handles beautifully now. :)

Let’s be honest it’s a 5 door hatch/saloon going to be pants on a track

If you drive it with the delicacy of a sledgehammer, it will respond as such. I assume this is how motoring journalists test the cars.

Drive it like a normal person and be surprised. The grip is amazing.

Reactions: Terminator x
Ive read going 245 all round can cure the michellin traction control issue?

Ive read going 245 all round can cure the michellin traction control issue?
Sport mode sorts it eg one press of esc button.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jimojameso and Kaine19
Am i best off keeping the staggered set up which is currently on mine? Guessing audi did it for reason?

The understeer in the S3 is shocking. The RS3 is miles better. Mine has 255 fronts.

I installed the rear H&R arb and the difference is very significant. Very noticeable in particular suspension modes and again with traction control off.

Cheap mod and very effective.

I actually thought my fl s3 was better then my pfl rs3

Also on a wet roundabout it doesn’t take much to make it understear for a 40k car I think it’s terrible although a set of springs and arb make a big difference

Reactions: jimojameso
I actually thought my fl s3 was better then my pfl rs3

You got to be joking man! Lol. The S3 was a boat in comparison. I’m really surprised you’d say that.

You got to be joking man! Lol. The S3 was a boat in comparison. I’m really surprised you’d say that.

The rs just seems to push wide a lot easier then the S3 did

Am i best off keeping the staggered set up which is currently on mine? Guessing audi did it for reason?

They did this to make some extra cash as the staggered set up is an optional extra..

Reactions: Kaine19