Pre-purchase vehicle inspection support

danrc

Reaction score
Good afternoon to you and I was wondering if anyone here had used a pre purchase vehicle inspection service prior to buying a car and what this was like for you?
I ask this as I'm over 250 miles away from a car that I have my eye on.

The current owner (abroad) and his mechanic (past owner) have been very helpful in giving me insights and details on the car which is a fantastic start, but as i can't just "pop over and take a look" so was thinking of having a report done to help me decide if it is indeed worth it.

The car is a b7 S4 cab based in Edinburgh and the main area that is making me really tread carefully with this is that the car covered a far few miles.

I'm looking at booking something in the next few days and as ever thank you in advance for any guidance on this.

Dan

I almost bought a high mileage 2007 Ram 1500 death trap edition. It looked great to me. I saw no rust, the interior was almost flawless, and it drove great on the test drive. They also agreed to do a safety inspection before I picked it up (required annually, as I live in Virginia).

I almost bought a high mileage 2007 Ram 1500 death trap edition. It looked great to me. I saw no rust, the interior was almost flawless, and it drove great on the test drive. They also agreed to do a safety inspection before I picked it up (required Kodi nox annually, as I live in Virginia).
Did you know tires have expiration dates? Basically 7 years past the manufacture date, which is stamped on every tire. Not a lot of people know that, but an inspector would.