Pressed plates?

MartyA4

Reaction score
Has anyone got any pictures of their A4 b8 with pressed plates on? Would be nice to see before considering buying them.

Here you go pal

Reactions: DrSasso, evans1089, SI-W85 and 3 others
Mac do you have a link to where you got them plates from ? They look of a good quality.
Cheers

Nice one cheers Mac. Handy mines is white too so nice visual for me defo gonna look into buying a set

Mine have been on around 12 months and starting to blister a little bit so I'm in the market for some new ones but I need to find someone who will do a spacing alteration :(

Reactions: evans1089
I have a set if pressed plates on myself and I love them, I always get a set! :) I even convinced a few friends to get them, who are BMW drivers! Sush lol

wheres the best place to order and how much am I looking at?
also how have you fixed them in place? sticky fixers? :cool:

I got mine form a local guy who is authorized to sell them. But you can order sets on eBay, not sure on quality though Paul.. My rear one is on with 3m double sided tape, but the front has two small screws so it can be removed for shows or pictures! :)

Mine have been on around 12 months and starting to blister a little bit so I'm in the market for some new ones but I need to find someone who will do a spacing alteration :(View attachment 52741
Use the Mrs Black nail varnish to touch up the chips.. I touch mine up with my nail varnish every couple of months to cover the chips.. wouldnt know any different :D

I got mine on this car and the last from Dubmeister, only got pulled once but was because I was pulled in a convoy, and the officer told me they was illegal, so I told him why they arent, bsa code present, post code present, reflective layer, correct lettering and spacing, and he apologised for the mistake and off I went... with completely bald tyres at the time... LUCKY!

Reactions: AU11 ALS and SI-W85
im getting some order on pay day, which is like 4 weeks away :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Might be a silly question, are these legal for road use. It' s just that i've got over the top local police force who pulled me the other to warn me about my tints and the brightness of my LED's to told them they were oem....lol

Reactions: AU11 ALS and DrSasso
Use the Mrs Black nail varnish to touch up the chips.. I touch mine up with my nail varnish every couple of months to cover the chips.. wouldnt know any different :D

I got mine on this car and the last from Dubmeister, only got pulled once but was because I was pulled in a convoy, and the officer told me they was illegal, so I told him why they arent, bsa code present, post code present, reflective layer, correct lettering and spacing, and he apologised for the mistake and off I went... with completely bald tyres at the time... LUCKY!
It isn't that they are chipped it's the yellow and the White that are starting to bubble from underneath the colour damn aluminium lol I got pulled and fined £100 for mine about 6 month ago for illegal spacing and no BS number, they are still on though ha

Reactions: RS5 JON
Might be a silly question, are these legal for road use. It' s just that i've got over the top local police force who pulled me the other to warn me about my tints and the brightness of my LED's to told them they were oem....lol
Depending where you get them, some are not, but Dubmeister 100% legal and confirmed when I was pulled many moons ago. Used their plates 3 years now

Requirements to be legal:
BSAU code
Manufacturer post code
Correct lettering, size and spacing
Reflective
Yellow background on rear and white on front

Reactions: mike60e
It isn't that they are chipped it's the yellow and the White that are starting to bubble from underneath the colour damn aluminium lol I got pulled and fined £100 for mine about 6 month ago for illegal spacing and no BS number, they are still on though ha

:S bad times, never heard of them bubbling! maybe time to upgrade to some Dubmeisters (other brands available blah blah blah)

lol Manda are you on commission. I need the spacing alteration though :/

Depending where you get them, some are not, but Dubmeister 100% legal and confirmed when I was pulled many moons ago. Used their plates 3 years now

Requirements to be legal:
BSAU code
Manufacturer post code
Correct lettering, size and spacing
Reflective
Yellow background on rear and white on front

Thanks for the info, that's another job to do!! ;)