Pressure washer, is the Karcher K2 any good?

sliced

Drive safe, stay alive.
Reaction score
hi all

Im looking at getting a pressure washer so I can wash the car more often and use snow foam.

I've been looking around, and theres so many mixed reviews about what to get. A few posts have directed me to the Karcher K2, which apparently is good bang for buck. Does anyone have any experience with them? are they any good? Do they provide good pressure?

I've had the K2 for a year or so now. I use it regularly on the car, with a foam lance and on heavier cleaning jobs like the driveway, patio, conservatory, etc. Each time it's been brilliant, although I do have very good mains pressure.

If your after a Karcher look at their website they sell ex demo models and returns that are given a once over and come will a full warranty but much cheaper

Had a K2 for a few years now and it hasn't let me down, been a great piece of kit. As above we use it for the drive and paving etc aswell

Reactions: sliced
I've also got a K2 and it is good at what it does for the price.

Reactions: sliced
Looking at this site, the prices are amazing. Does anyone have any experience buying from here, and if so are the items scuffed to pieces, broken, dirty and so on?

I know it says they're given a once over etc. but surely they can't be that cheap if they're in mind condition?!

It probably looks brand new.
Factory re-furbs are usually very good.
It might only have been used a couple of times and broke down under warranty.
I would.

Yeah I am sorely tempted. £89 for a K4 compact with all the bits and bobs is pretty awesome.

Does anyone know, can a built-in detergent bottle (where a pressure washer comes with one) do the job of a snow foam lance, i.e. delivering foam through the vario lance? Or do you have to not use that buy buy separately?

Different kits come with different things. If you buy the 'car' version, it comes with the foam attachment, whereas the ordinary and the 'home' versions do not. Where they do not come with a foam lance, but do have a detergent tank (e.g. K4 non-car version), does this still work with snow foaming?

My K4(as per earlier link)is due to be delivered between 1 & 2pm today.
I will let you know what it comes with.

I am new to all this, but I expect that even if it comes with a detergent tank/spray bottle, it won't be suitable for snow foaming.

I am new to all this, but I expect that even if it comes with a detergent tank/spray bottle, it won't be suitable for snow foaming.

Although the foam isn't as thick as it could be, the Karcher spray bottle is perfectly adequate.
I use my one every week and it always makes a good job of cleaning the car.

Got to say I am disappointed.

Half the bits are missing. I can't upload pics from work, but there is a lance missing, and the handle/shaft for the T250 racer.
There's quite a few scratches, and it hasn't had a good clean.

Oh no! Sorry to hear that. They definitely make out (and their pictures represent) that these are effectively new items.

The curse can turn into a blessing, though: if you complain in the right way and tell them how disappointed you are, you may end up being sent a brand new one...

Alternatively, B&Q are doing the K4 compact for £125 at the moment with a few different lances etc. Could be worth a look. (www.diy.com)

The one at B&Q for £125 is exactly the same(but new) what I should have got from Karcher outlet.
Knowing what I know now, I would have preferred to spend the extra £30 and got a brand new one with full warranty.

Got to say I am disappointed.

Half the bits are missing. I can't upload pics from work, but there is a lance missing, and the handle/shaft for the T250 racer.
There's quite a few scratches, and it hasn't had a good clean.

Just a quick update:

I contacted Karcher outlet the same day by raising a ticket, they replied quite promptly:

Please accept our apologies for the missing items.

We have requested you be sent a replacement directly.

Please allow 3 to 5 days for delivery.

They will be delivered today.

Last edited:
We got a K5 Home Premium for £205 from B&Q just a couple of weeks back, yet to be opened!