Pressure washer reccomendations please......

Nice shout @Supa Koopa , I am googling my way over there right now! Just need to make sure I get the right one, as my K5 doesn't have quick release I think they call it. :icon thumright:
If it attaches by screwing on to the machine and then fastens on to the gun with a C clip I have a 10m one in the garage now going spare. May need a new washer on the gun end as was dripping a bit. It's heading for ebay soon but could give you first refusal if it's any use?

Reactions: NevMan
If it attaches by screwing on to the machine and then fastens on to the gun with a C clip I have a 10m one in the garage now going spare. May need a new washer on the gun end as was dripping a bit. It's heading for ebay soon but could give you first refusal if it's any use?
Definitely interested @scotty76 . I called up QWashers this morning, and whilst my K5 does screw into machine (old style), I couldn't swear that I had the quick release at the gun, so bloke suggested I check 1st before ordering. I will check when I get home, as had paid no attention to gun connectivity, but let me know what you want for it including P&P. I assume this is the flexible rubber hose?

Reactions: scotty76
Definitely interested @scotty76 . I called up QWashers this morning, and whilst my K5 does screw into machine (old style), I couldn't swear that I had the quick release at the gun, so bloke suggested I check 1st before ordering. I will check when I get home, as had paid no attention to gun connectivity, but let me know what you want for it including P&P. I assume this is the flexible rubber hose?
Will PM you.

Finally my K2 has finally packed in when cleaning the car this morning.
Water peeing out through the bottom of the casing and a noticeable loss of pressure, meaning my citrus pre wash and fireball easy coat didn’t activate properly.
I reckon I’ve had the thing 10+ years so it doesn’t owe me anything.
Now of to look at replacements online.

Reactions: Pook, NevMan and Jassyo06
Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Reactions: NevMan, Audi Bairn and Bristle Hound
Finally my K2 has finally packed in when cleaning the car this morning.
Water peeing out through the bottom of the casing and a noticeable loss of pressure, meaning my citrus pre wash and fireball easy coat didn’t activate properly.
I reckon I’ve had the thing 10+ years so it doesn’t owe me anything.
Now of to look at replacements online.

K4 PAL A REAL UPGRADE.........10 ****** years with a K2 that was a Carlsberg pressure washer ye had

Reactions: NevMan, Audi Bairn and Bristle Hound
Ordered another K2 earlier today, it’s fine for what I do and if I get another 10 years I’ll be happy.
Was £108 and the K4 was more than double that.
Don’t be too disappointed in me lol

Ordered another K2 earlier today, it’s fine for what I do and if I get another 10 years I’ll be happy.
Was £108 and the K4 was more than double that.
Don’t be too disappointed in me lol

Fair enough @Audi Bairn, should have gone to specsavers

Reactions: Jassyo06, Bristle Hound and Audi Bairn
Avoid any pressure washers by Karcher and Nilfisk at all costs. They are extremely poorly made and customer service is horrendous!

I've had about 7/8 Karchers now. Some lasted a year others lasted just one use. Nilfisk promote themselves as having metal parts as opposed to the plastic motors in the Karchers, and in the event of a malfunction, Nilfisk state you can easily replace the motors........except you can't! As Nilfisk refuse to sell the spare parts!

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Avoid any pressure washers by Karcher and Nilfisk at all costs. They are extremely poorly made and customer service is horrendous!

I've had about 7/8 Karchers now. Some lasted a year others lasted just one use. Nilfisk promote themselves as having metal parts as opposed to the plastic motors in the Karchers, and in the event of a malfunction, Nilfisk state you can easily replace the motors........except you can't! As Nilfisk refuse to sell the spare parts!
I am my 2nd K4 since June and its starting to cough and splutter ie the thing switches itself on and off sporadically for a second or two beginning of the end they all do this....

Reactions: johnnythepie
Used to have a bosch aquatec which was brilliant until it packed up.Powerful and had a decent rubber hose that would recoil inside the machine. Gutted that its not made anymore so had to deal with the devil and got a karcher k4.What a sack of, has a cheap plastic hose that kinks and flips against the car unless you are carful, and is a sod to tidy up.Not very powerful and has now needs a kick to get it started. Just waiting for aldi to have a special buy on.Cant be any worse

Buy a kranzle German made very powerful and all the parts are brass and stainless steel you won’t look back.

And come with a initial high purchase price
Yer but you really get what you pay for with things. I have got the TST1152 I paid £650 for it 6 years ago and the only thing it has needed is a oil change and has not missed a beat since.

Have had my current K5 premium for about 7 years...no issues Previous K2 was cr*p

Yer but you really get what you pay for with things. I have got the TST1152 I paid £650 for it 6 years ago and the only thing it has needed is a oil change and has not missed a beat since.

As per my comment, K5 premium, 7 years and counting and no need for oil change I do like the kranzle however

Reactions: Bristle Hound
As per my comment, K5 premium, 7 years and counting and no need for oil change I do like the kranzle however

You've been lucky with it then mate Karcher are Junk l have had around a dozen of them in the past 7 years. .. .i think l got a year out of one... at best, they have a K5 at my place of work at the moment looks good but a bit cumbersome to wheel around a car
When the K4 l have just now packs in which is imminent lol l won't buy another but l ain't going fork out £600/700 for a kranzle

It seems like they're being made down to a price hence all the comments about reliability. Having said that I can understand investing the capital in a Kranzle if you are doing it professionally but for lesser mortals 1 Kranzle = 6 k4 so assuming they all packed up this would give you 6 years service with warranty.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

You've been lucky with it then mate Karcher are Junk l have had around a dozen of them in the past 7 years. .. .i think l got a year out of one... at best, they have a K5 at my place of work at the moment looks good but a bit cumbersome to wheel around a car
When the K4 l have just now packs in which is imminent lol l won't buy another but l ain't going fork out £600/700 for a kranzle

K5 is big, but I just sit it near the tap, and have one of those flexible hoses so don’t need to move the K5 except when I put it away....easy. Only thing I still want to get to make liege even easier is those clever roller things that you fit by each wheel and prevents hose “snagging”

K5 is big, but I just sit it near the tap, and have one of those flexible hoses so don’t need to move the K5 except when I put it away....easy. Only thing I still want to get to make liege even easier is those clever roller things that you fit by each wheel and prevents hose “snagging”
If you want to be a cheapskate you can recycle the plastic Christmas chocolate tubs so the hose doesn't get caught under the tyres. I'll did out a link when I get home and post

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Karcher K4 Compact Pressure Washer

Use code PINECONE it will discount the price to just £103.50 with Free Delivery

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191851723609

May be of interest to some
Right!, I have always used the 2 bucket, sponge and hosepipe method (or the Eastern European car wash down the road) to clean my cars, but all this talk of pressure washers (plus the Mrs nagging me to clean the conservatory over the Christmas break) as got me in the buying mood for one of these cheap(er) Karcher K4s and a snow foam thingey. However before I take the plunge, is there any good tutorials on how best to use the above tools to do a good job on here? I don't mean to detailers level, but good enough for week to week cleaning without scratching or removing the lacquer / paint from the car!
PS Bristle hound, Unfortunately that code has expired, got another one?

Right!, I have always used the 2 bucket, sponge and hosepipe method (or the Eastern European car wash down the road) to clean my cars, but all this talk of pressure washers (plus the Mrs nagging me to clean the conservatory over the Christmas break) as got me in the buying mood for one of these cheap(er) Karcher K4s and a snow foam thingey. However before I take the plunge, is there any good tutorials on how best to use the above tools to do a good job on here? I don't mean to detailers level, but good enough for week to week cleaning without scratching or removing the lacquer / paint from the car!
PS Bristle hound, Unfortunately that code has expired, got another one?

you'll need a proper snow foam lance to go along with yer K4 and these are only available online and buy a citrus pre wash...instead of a snow foam to clean yer conservatory as these have greater cleaning power but you can still use it on yer car mate....Visit in2detailing.co.uk they sell good snow foam lances at good prices and the best citrus pre wash you can buy ie Angelwax Cleanliness

Cheers Jassy, yes been reading in the above thread about the foam lances, but being a alien to pressure washers, what's the drill with the car.

Pre wash with pressure washer with just water? then Citrus wash first, then allow to soak (how long?)
then snow foam (again how long do you leave on?)
then do you sponge the foam in?
then I guess you wash off, with pressure washer again (is there a water repellent type stuff to add first like they use in the hand car wash to help leather off?), them you leather off as normal?

Reactions: Jassyo06
1.Pressure washer
2.Snow foam lance
3.Wash mitt and bucket
4.Car Shampoo
5.Hydrophobic solution of your choice...Gyeon wet coat,Car pro Hydro Lite,Fireball easy coat...etc etc etc etc............just read the instruction mate..............easiest way to maintain your car

Price for all around £230

1.Pressure washer
2.Snow foam lance
3.Wash mitt and bucket
4.Car Shampoo
5.Hydrophobic solution of your choice...Gyeon wet coat,Car pro Hydro Lite,Fireball easy coat...etc etc etc etc............just read the instruction mate..............easiest way to maintain your car

Jassy, Thanks for taking the time to explain!
OK, so I guess you wash the shampoo off with the washer, spray on the Hydrophobic solution and then wash off again.
That's my crimble pressie from the wife sorted :)

Reactions: Jassyo06
Jassy, Thanks for taking the time to explain!
OK, so I guess you wash the shampoo off with the washer, spray on the Hydrophobic solution and then wash off again.
That's my crimble pressie from the wife sorted :)
Yeah that's how you would go roughly about it mate, to be honest that's my winter car maintenance regime, clean and protect without too fannying about

Reactions: Abzz
Reactions: Audi Bairn and Abzz
1.Pressure washer
2.Snow foam lance
3.Wash mitt and bucket
4.Car Shampoo

Only mine:
1) Rinse
2) Citrus pre-wash
3) Rinse
4) Shampoo
5) Rinse
6) Rinse with PH neutral water.
7) Sacrificial coat, wet wax or a coating such as Gyon or other.

No pressure washers will ever be used in the process of :)

Only mine:
1) Rinse
2) Citrus pre-wash
3) Rinse
4) Shampoo
5) Rinse
6) Rinse with PH neutral water.
7) Sacrificial coat, wet wax or a coating such as Gyon or other.

No pressure washers will ever be used in the process of :)
Ye like using that word sacrificial lol
My post above was just on a advisory note. . A quick winter fix, its not taken from the Holy Bible of detailing lol
We all have our ways of going about washing a car, l go through bouts of anal guff then at times l get a bit lackadaisical..... The less time l am out in the cold wet weather washing a car the better, my main priority of a winter wash is making sure the car is absolutely Spotless by this l mean l don't adhere to dilution ratios even if its to get fired on neat so be it and to hell with sacrificial coating getting taken off I'll just spray some gyeon etc l don't like using a pressure washer at all but it's a necessary evil

I do like the word and can't think of any other to use, protective coating I guess, but then the car already has one of those so I don't wish to confuse things.
I don't seem to feel the cold much, must be the medication ;-), so I am happy to be out there even if it is raining, sleeting or whatever. Was out in my shorts the other day, maybe it's not the medication then maybe I am just plain bonkers.
Anyway, I just can't get my head around blasting water at our cars at all so no pressure washer for me, the cars never really get that dirty anyway and a hose gets rid of any salt...

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
I do like the word and can't think of any other to use, protective coating I guess, but then the car already has one of those so I don't wish to confuse things.
I don't seem to feel the cold much, must be the medication ;-), so I am happy to be out there even if it is raining, sleeting or whatever. Was out in my shorts the other day, maybe it's not the medication then maybe I am just plain bonkers.
Anyway, I just can't get my head around blasting water at our cars at all so no pressure washer for me, the cars never really get that dirty anyway and a hose gets rid of any salt...

Still finding the 0ppm water working well? I changed my resin the other day, as reading was 6ppm . Have a 25kg bag of train so will last sometime. That 1st raceglaze filled (as purchased) lasted at least 25+ rinses easily. Even used on house windows

Reactions: cuke2u
Last time I tested it, about a month ago it was fine and no marks being left after rinsing. I plan to give mine a real good going over on saturday ready for our annual christmas holiday retreat up to suffolk, so will test it again then...

Last time I tested it, about a month ago it was fine and no marks being left after rinsing. I plan to give mine a real good going over on saturday ready for our annual christmas holiday retreat up to suffolk, so will test it again then...

Mine wasn’t leaving marks at all, but when tested with gauge it was 6ppm. Still not bad compared to my tap water 255ppm

Reactions: cuke2u and Bristle Hound
About the same as our tap water then. At the moment, if it isn't leaving any stains, then I'll not worry about it too much and funds are low at the moment.
As I plan to 'commission' my new drying cloth and have plenty of the done&dusted to use I'm not too concerned...

l go through bouts of anal guff then at times l get a bit lackadaisical..... The less time l am out in the cold wet weather washing a car the better
@jassyo06 - Very much this ^ :thumbs up:

Reactions: NevMan, Audi Bairn and Jassyo06