Preventative Maintenance Audi S3 (BHZ & CDL)

Can anyone help me on the purpose of the little pipe on my previous post

Attachments

• 85B4437A-0F35-44A7-9278-7EC51E9C7EA0.jpeg
    85B4437A-0F35-44A7-9278-7EC51E9C7EA0.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 506
What’s up pall was there no ride for you last night
The reason why I asked to see if it is a part/pipe that blocks or needs constant attention
I only wanted to know what it’s purpose is xx

Well if you look back through the post there are folk on here more than willing to help
Very clear that there are sad folk on here with attitude.

I’m not overly amused by your attitude either. The guys are all friendly and helpful. @Daveyonthemove only pointed out that it would be better to start a new thread. Your reply was uncalled for. Please remember we have young people reading this forum.

Reactions: Daveyonthemove and maxpayne
Maybe a stupid question but does the Cam Chain come on the FL 8P S3 or both?

Has anyone replaced their coil ignition pack on a s3 8p with the 'r8' coil pack/ has anyone had any issues relating to stock coil packs.

thanks in advance.

Has anyone replaced their coil ignition pack on a s3 8p with the 'r8' coil pack/ has anyone had any issues relating to stock coil packs.

thanks in advance.
I had issues with my stock coils causing misfiring under load 2007 BHZ. They were replaced by the red 'R8' coils as the garage didn't have the standard ones in. No doubt new standard coils would've fixed the issue.

thanks in advance.
Many lads use the R8 coils and there have been people with and with out problems but as far as I am awhere good news is the R8 ones are cheaper than stock

Going to service my car soon normal spark plugs u should change ever service or every 10k but what about iridiums are they thw same situ. ? Or will they last longer

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Although not common knowledge, the main problem is coming from the ageing of porcelain insulator. Better use Oem NGK as they are cooper core and change them more often.

How do I tell if I need to replace my DV? I had a RamAir intake installed recently and get flutter at high revs, is this an indication?

Also what's the best place to purchase a GFB DV+?

Last edited:
How do I tell if I need to replace my DV? I had a RamAir intake installed recently and get flutter at high revs, is this an indication?

Also what's the best place to purchase a GFB DV+?
Goes flutter when u let off or when u gun it ? Plus its only 5o quick just change it as theyre bound to get fked treat it like a spark plug change it every 3 major service or 10k miles etc.

When it reaches the top end just before a shift change, I assumed it to be normal but just wanted to check. Lol yea true, think mine is ok though.

Hello Guys
I have a question whether the installation of an oil catch tank would not be a better option for the s3 engine or is it better to replace for new PCV valve?

When it reaches the top end just before a shift change, I assumed it to be normal but just wanted to check. Lol yea true, think mine is ok though.
Yea that just compressor surge much more audible when intake has been changed and when mapped too much is no good but nornal on k04 s3s

Hello Guys
I have a question whether the installation of an oil catch tank would not be a better option for the s3 engine or is it better to replace for new PCV valve?
Wouldnt bother unless you hyrbid turbo or stage 2+ seem to be chase with most s3s

Currently trying to replace the dipstick and the funnel on my 59 plate S3, got the old stuff off but can’t get the new funnel on? Anyone know how to do it? Or do I need to take inlet manifold off?
Tried searching on here, other forums and YouTube to no avail... please help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never mind, it’s on, wouldn’t come off easily again and dipstick has oil on the end, before I start the car is there anything to double check to make sure it’s on properly? Not a mechanic so slightly panicky about this stuff haha

Never mind, it’s on, wouldn’t come off easily again and dipstick has oil on the end, before I start the car is there anything to double check to make sure it’s on properly? Not a mechanic so slightly panicky about this stuff haha

Its a bit of a pain and tricky but its should pop back in the same way and no should be it check check you oil level whist you at it if anything is wrong your car will.sound like **** so you know something isnt quite right

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Its a bit of a pain and tricky but its should pop back in the same way and no should be it check check you oil level whist you at it if anything is wrong your car will.sound like **** so you know something isnt quite right

Nice one mate, I’m sure it’s all good, oils still in there and no oil on driveway so fingers crossed

Does anyone know if 2010 facelift s3 has the issue with oil pick up and the cam follower or was that for older engine revisions?

Thanks

Does anyone know if 2010 facelift s3 has the issue with oil pick up and the cam follower or was that for older engine revisions?

Thanks

They do

Reactions: S3Jay
any ideas why i cannot post a new thread? its saying i have spam like content but its just a long post asking for help?

I can read in the 1st post that the Cam Chain & Tensioner should be replaced.

I only bought my S3 2012 CDLA, just passed 60k miles.
Service book signed by audi confirms the toothend belf has been replaced at 50k. No mention on water pump.

Does it mean I should prioritise cam chain and tensioner? Are they failing?

Oil Pickup Pipe - 06F 115 251 A

The Oil Pickup Pipe should be done as a precautionary measure on all S3's, we've lost quite a few S3 engines in the last couple of years purely down to this and the Cam Chain & Tensioner. Using the oil and intervals mentioned further down will help prevent the Oil Pickup Pipe from clogging up, this is also a cheap & easy part to replace every 30K.

Is it a good idea to replace this or can you simply remove it, clean it up and replace it?

Rog.

Is it a good idea to replace this or can you simply remove it, clean it up and replace it?

Rog.
Replace it mate its only 50 quid not worth the time you will spend on cleaning it as its very very fine mesh in my honest opinion

Reactions: Alfachats
Oh and dont forget to buy gasket seal for your sump and make sure u clean all the old **** off with a razor

This thread has been an incredible help for my newly purchased S3. Much appreciated!

Reactions: samuelh_888 and e9_mustii
In fact the pick up pipe issue is due to the faulty seal at the hp pump side which generate mixure oil&fuel. Take care..