Price for fitted cruise control

MikeSel^

Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mikesel.info
What do you think to this...

Just been quoted £255 for cruise control fitted to my 55 plate A3 sportback.

Cost for cruise on your 55 plate would be £255 all in fitted. This price includes the additional wiring required on pre-2007 cars.

What do you think?

I'm not so sure but I think the parts required for cruise are less than £100, the rest is just labour and coding. If you know someone with the gear, you can do it yourself pretty easily.

£250 is the going rate though!

I think it's slightly cheaper at hazydayz.

Google vwcruise and they have pricelist for the work they do.

Other members who have trued them seem to be happy.

I think they are based in Hemel Hempstead of London.

If you have the skills then it's meant to be a cheap retrofit. Do some searches as there are a lot if threads on this.

Pii

Cheers people.

I don't really have the skills or the time to take on the work. Nor do I want to travel to London to have it fitted :)

Thanks again. I think I'll book her in for my trip to Nurbergring in July :)

Thanks. Not sure if that will be the case up here. I start nice an early, and the roads arnt that busy. I'm often the only car in the lane.

I believe the parts are dearer for the 8P A3/Sportback, I looked on ebay and there's plenty of cruise stalks for golf/a3/skoda etc around £75 but they're for rthe older generation cars. The new ones have a 3rd stalk, sometimes a new module plus a new lower column piece

Cheers people.

I don't really have the skills or the time to take on the work. Nor do I want to travel to London to have it fitted :)

Thanks again. I think I'll book her in for my trip to Nurbergring in July :)

Hazzy Dayz have a mobile service - their callout fees are listed here

I used them for fitting RNS-E, BT and FBMFSW to my A3. They weren't cheap but I think charged a fair rate for the work involved, and the service was fantastic from start to finish. I'd highly recommend them to anybody!

I fitted mine myself, its fairly straight forward and there are plenty of useful guides on the net. Total cost for me was around £80

Davie

hazzy days are a rip off, wouldnt recommend to anyone, they have charged for parts they dont even fit/change, ie : modules , stating they have to change it as its not compatible, charge for a new one and guess which one is in the car when u get it back.
stay clear and fit it yourself or find someone local to you with the knowledge, its a really easy mod.

You'll use it a few times once fitted, then you'll wonder why you wasted your money. Roads in the UK just aren't appropriate for CC.

It seems to be more relevant in this country now than ever before with all the speed restricted road works on our motorways.

It seems to be more relevant in this country now than ever before with all the speed restricted road works on our motorways.

+1 I use mine daily for the 50mph average speed camera areas. Makes driving a lot safer as I can pay attention 100% to the raod rather than concentrating on my speedo trying to stay at/below 50mph.

Cheers that sounds good to me.
Would this be done at your house? Business? Do you know how long it would take? Are the parts OEM?

Thanks
Mike

Why didn't he offer his services earlier! I had mine retro-fitted to a 56 TDi at AUDI last month lol:blownose: wasn't a too bad price though considering!

I been trying to find a guide on how to fit this but couldn't find anything.

how much does that work out to be then?

It was £240 fitted, which I thought was pretty good as I got the paperwork too etc. However when I went to pick the car up the service guy said I had been mis-quoted and only paying for parts and no labour (ie they honoured the price quoted). I then just assumed the 8P models cost more than the older golf/a3 where a new single inidicator/cruise stalk is fitted (loads of ebay adds for the stalk at around £75) rather than the 3rd cruise stalk plus low column etc of the 8P (not advertised on ebay). But it seems the parts aren't that expensive for the 8P either especially if mattandrew can fit for £140!