PRICE & sign up list Sach clutch & DMF group buy

jungleman

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Anyone interested in a new Sachs clutch again? It's possible that there are already 10-15 people interested (between here, VAGOC and another VW forum), but the more the merrier because prices will be revised if there are 20 or more people. I'm only doing this because i need one myself and i know quite a few others do too.

Should be able to get other prices for different Sachs set ups too.

Free shipping on all items within UK mainland and all prices are based on 20% Vat (Unless we can do this quickly)

Prices differ depending on how many people participate:

2.0 Tfsi &Tdi

Reinforced Clutch Cover - 883082 999787 £224 INC VAT (10-19) £245 INC VAT (5-9)

Organic plate - 881864 999502 £194 INC VAT (10-19) £214 INC VAT (5-9)

Organic plate (Tdi) - 881864 999529 £232 INC VAT (10-19) £255 INC VAT (5-9)

Dual mass clutch and flywheel kit with sintered drive plate
£897 INC VAT (10-19) £979 INC VAT (5-9)

Single mass flywheel kit with sintered drive plate
£859 INC VAT (10-19) £938 INC VAT (5-9)

Clutch Release Bearing (Slave Cylinder) - £49 INC VAT

This group buy is similar to the previous one, with APS being the supplier again. Unfortunately Sachs have tightened their belt a little bit since the last and this is the best discount they can currently offer, being 15% as a minimum (Based on less than 10 people)... i negotiate for a living so we'll see if we can do better, just need to know the potential volume of interest.

The 787 / 502 combo that i'll be using equates to £582 directly from Sachs website (Plus delivery) or £418 inclusive if there are at least 10 people...still not a bad discount!! *At the current exchange rate 1.17 Euros*

Get your name down if interested!

All payments will be made to APS directly, i will inform you of a deadline as this progresses.

Any questions drop it on here or PM me

Paolo

Last edited:
here is the start if the list, copy, paste and add your name & combo/parts you want

Jungleman: combo 787 / 502

My clutch is not slipping yet so i take it i need the 787 / 502 combo ? Then i need a fuel pump any group discount on them lol then stage 2+ here i come.

If so

brough74

787 / 502 combo

I need some help with this Jungleman, I want to go to stage 2+ and run reliably..I have a 57 plate with 18k miles and no clutch slip, hence what combination of above will i require to run ~ 350lbfts?

Thanks,
Darren

My clutch is not slipping yet so i take it i need the 787 / 502 combo ? Then i need a fuel pump any group discount on them lol then stage 2+ here i come.

If so

brough74

787 / 502 combo

yea thats the one mate, when your thinking about the HPFP we can try and organise another GB and try and get a discount again

I need some help with this Jungleman, I want to go to stage 2+ and run reliably..I have a 57 plate with 18k miles and no clutch slip, hence what combination of above will i require to run ~ 350lbfts?

Thanks,
Darren

it all depends on how you drive, if your into your heavy launch's and 1/4 miles then the above clutch will still be fine as far as i know, but u may have to go for a single mass fly wheel rather then a dual mass one, but if you tend to look after it more, as in dont boot it till the car is rolling then the DMF should be fine (S3Alex on here is running a BT pushing out over 400lbft without any issues)

here is the start if the list, copy, paste and add your name & combo/parts you want

brough74 : combo 787 / 502

brough74 : combo 787 / 502
dazzeroo : combo 787 / 502

Last edited:
a bit of help for my ignorance also mate.....

I have S3 '10 plate with 5k miles currently with no clutch issues running stage 1 Revo with Milltek TBE. Looking to move to stage 2 with ITG Maxogen and the 2+....what is my combo? Also how does the clutch feel when installed - does it impact on the driver experience or daily use?

Cheers.

you would need the 787/502
doubt you woul need a new dmf with a car that new!!
as far as i know its a nad heavier but not much in it, but the driving experience is OEM as it isnt a race or drag spec clutch
if toy pm S3Alex he will let u know as i know this is the set up hes running

a bit of help for my ignorance also mate.....

I have S3 '10 plate with 5k miles currently with no clutch issues running stage 1 Revo with Milltek TBE. Looking to move to stage 2 with ITG Maxogen and the 2+....what is my combo? Also how does the clutch feel when installed - does it impact on the driver experience or daily use?

Cheers.

When its first installed it will feel quite heavy compared to the OEM pedal weight- which is very very light, and at first may seem a bit heavy in traffic but certainly not a calf killer! Now mines run in , it feels lighter- either i've got used to (most likely) or its the pressure plate has loosened up a bit.
There will be some juddering when pulling off, especially in reverse for first 500 miles but this goes away, but be aware some judder may remain permanently unless you give it a bit more revs when pulling off.

Thanks Akash - thats a really useful mini review. Nice to know what I may be getting myself into!

I had the Sachs organic clutch / LUK DMF fitted this week & it's really good. Slightly heavier pedal as it bites, but not by much at all & it'll only get better as it beds in.

Forgot all about it after a few miles & it wasn't an issue at all on a spirited 150 mile drive. Just enjoyed the much more positive gear engagement.

Mine's a daily driver on an urban commute & it'll be fine...

just a quick update
we now have a total of 14 between here and VAGOC
APS will now be taking payments, if you guys have any questions let me know
Paolo

It's actually 15. 5 away from an even better discount. Come on people :)

... .5 how can u get half a clutch lol
any news on the other forums?

ahhh my bad lol
im blaming the flu ive got, brain really isnt working... ill get my coat lol

How do i go about paying for it ? Do i just phone up APS ? do i have to mention the group or something ? And whats the final price lol

you dont have to pay till next week (APS have extended it a bit more... result!) as we are still getting a few more names in, so far we are upto 15 that i know of, but if between now and next week if we can get 5 more, there will be a further price drop and yep will be a case of calling APS, talking to Ed & giving him you username as ive sent him a list so he will be able to check you off & take payment

price as it stands is £418

Cheers ok fingers crossed for a few more then, for next week. You dont fancy a fuel pump group buy next lol

will keep you up to date with any change in price
oo i could be tempted, but would have to wait a couple of months to let my funds recover as ive just got a BBK as well lol

Anyone else intrested ? Always good to save a few pounds this time of the year and will help if your going to modify your car in 2011

bump.... tomorrow is the last day to show interest guys, last chance to get a deal

I'm interested but won't know until Thursday what I need. Somethng is starting to slip/fail on my car but I'm not sure what? Guessing it's either the clutch or DMF, I'm taking it into the garage on Thursday for them to have a look...

What's the absolute cut-off date/time?

today is meant to be the last day for putting your name down, is it tomorrow that your taking your car in?

Yes, taking the car in tomorrow and going out with the master technician so he can 'hopefully' diagnose what the problem is... I'm taking it in first thing, so can let you know after that whether i'm in or out if that's possible?

a master tec haha... if they are from audi good luck mate
ill put your name down as a provisional & have a word with Ed over at APS see what he says, but as its more money in their pocket, i cant see it being a problem mate
just let me know asap

Yes, taking the car in tomorrow and going out with the master technician so he can 'hopefully' diagnose what the problem is... I'm taking it in first thing, so can let you know after that whether i'm in or out if that's possible?

just spoke to Ed and hes fine with waiting till tomorrow to see the outcome of your trip to the garage

The problem I was having with the clutch/DMF appears to have gone away?! Not really sure what's happening... I'm sure it will be back though. However, as I couldn't reproduce the problem I was unable to show the master tec the problem.

As I'm unsure whether I need a new clutch/DMF at the moment I'll duck out of the this group buy.

Thanks for your help anyway though jungleman!

no worries mate, hope it doesnt start slipping in the next couple weeks

on a side note, time to start paying guys, lets get them clutches working!

Am I too late to join the group buy?

My car started slipping again over the weekend. Just been into Audi and they reckon it could be the Clutch of Flywheel, but they think it's most likely to be the clutch.