Problem with 1.9TDi 130bhp.

necroeire

Reaction score
Came home last night turned off the car and the ****** fan on the engine side kicked in and ran for a very long time. Then an hour later I had to go to the shops and while driving the car cut out and kicked in again after a few turns of the key (mid traffic on a hill!!!)
This morning when I started it from cold and ran it for about 1 minute and turned it off the same thing and also there seems to be a weird clicking noise coming from the drivers side of the engine bay just under the windscreen.

Anyone see anything like this before?

Typically Audi garage can't fit me in until Monday so great service as usual. Mrs upset now as the weekend is ruined. Great.

Anyone any ideas?

Called to the garage - had a bit of a thick head on me. And wasn'ttaking the car home at all.
After some bickering and threatening to sell the car they had a look at it.
Anyhow the problem is the control box under the bonnet on the drivers side has been corroded away and four relays were damaged by water??????? Good build quality or what.
Now they are looking to see what caused the leak in the first place and believe it or not they don't have any relays in stock until next week. For **** sake - what kind of garage doesn't have relays in stock.

Anyhow I am now thinking of selling for either a Passat estate or an 1.8T Avant. The VW is no where as nice - no aircon, no fogs, no arm rest, no leather etc...It will be hard to change but the A4 TDi is really ******* me off. Only have it 6 months and already 4th problem which is getting costly. There was 2 temperature faults and one suspension fault and now this.

Is it my bad luck or do I always get the Audi that has loads of faults. My A3 had problems from the first day I got it from the hazard lights, indicators, temperature guage, immobiliser, Lamda etc...

So anyone recommend an alternative and no - I'm not a Beemer fan.

What about a Leon?

You can pick them up for good money, nice big boots, good looking and decent build quality.

I feal your pain, it's a bitch when buy second hand, you don't know whats a head of you! I've had 4 Audi's, 1 A3, 3 A4's all turbo petrols and I haven't had any of the problems you've had but thats not to say I wont! As regards what to buy next, stick with Audi, dare I say it no other manufacture has the same build quality and go for an Avant, I did and I love it, I even sacrificed 30bhp for it, I love the way they look and they are not as common as saloons. Here is a nice one to get your mouth watering.....
http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=496370

Still don't have my car back yet - apparently thay are still waiting for one of the Relays to come in. *** - I'd have thought they would hold them in stock. Anyhow still driving a rental - a Golf 1.4 Comefortable but **** slow.
Anyhow anyone know how long the warrany is again corrosion or rust? Seems the plate that covers the relay box rusted away and let water in.