Productive Day...kind of

beanoir

Large Member
Reaction score
I had three things on the list today for the car, but as always these things don't always go to plan!

1) Get the winter wheels with tyres on, it seemed logical to get them on now as the car was up on stands anyway and because the misses will be driving it and i'd rather she learns where the curbs are with these wheels on. Drives fine on the winters, you can otice a difference obviously as there is a higher profile on 16" wheels, but they're far quieter than my Bridgestones and more comfortable. Job done there.

2) Changed dog bone bushes, was a pretty easy job. I used the red bushes and i'm pleased with the difference it has made and the vibration is hardly noticeable if i'm honest and will disappear soon enough. Job done.

3) change gearbox and diff oil. I was expecting this to be pretty straight forward, but I couldn't even get the filler plug out. The space behind the plug wouldn't allow me to get the socket piece in and that was without a wrench attached! How on earth do you guys do it??? Am I using the wrong tool?

Anyway, heres a pic of my "lovely" wheels....who's jealous??? :noway:

1ce822b3.jpg

You've made it look like an A3 now :faint:

What plug couldn't you get out? Diff or gearbox?

I know it looks gash, I can't disagree with that!

The filler plug on both the gearbox and rear diff. I think i've solved it now though, i needed a different adaptor that isn't quite as long.