Project S3 FUM build .

Helix is another option, have a chat with Hookmonster.

I guess I am trying to ask if I need a kit , can you just tap into a pipe that's already on the car ?

I guess I am trying to ask if I need a kit , can you just tap into a pipe that's already on the car ?

Ahh...OK...yes you would be much better getting a kit rather than tapping into anything on the car.
More secure,neater etc etc.

Reactions: MICHAEL PARKER
Ok just wanted to check , I will go for the Forge kit then buddy , thank you again for your replies .

Reactions: S3Alex
Met Callum4545 today at Brighouse to buy his full BCS exhaust system from him , he also supplied and fitted a HPFP and a cam follower that i supplied , all very professionally carried out as well , my existing cam follower was still like new but we decided to change it out anyway .
the car feels a lot more responsive already and its still on the standard map, hopefully going to get booked in at R Tech now for a stage 2 +, the bcs is being fitted on thursday.

Reactions: -Ju-

Reactions: derekw
Could of had a mini meet I'm just up the road!

Good to see that you are getting on with it Michael!
The yellow Powerflex bush is held in place by a stretch bolt that should be renewed each time it is undone.
The torque is 100Nm plus 90 degrees. Watch the ECS video on you tube for confirmation of the torque. Also confirmed by VW and Audi.

Hi Peter , thanks for that ,a local garage that i use all the time are going to fit the exhaust so i will let them know about the stretch bolt if they dont already know .

BCS being fitted tomorrow , can't wait , just hope the boys i use can fit it without any problems .

My APR downpipe leaked at the join to the standard back box and so Awesome sealed it with silicon when I was there 2 weeks ago.
Make sure your fitters use something similar to prevent any leaks.

starting to wish that i had gone straight to bcs , the guys i use are struggling ,they say the bolts in the turbo/downpipe are all corroded and they are worried they will snap in the turbo , they are having to remove the prop as they say they can't even get to the bolts to undo the downpipe , they don't know what the yellow bush is for etc etc , its turning into a nightmare and looks like it is going to cost me big time , not a happy bunny at the mo .

Ok oem exhaust now fully off but one of the o2 sensors is knackered so a new oem one is going on in the morning with the BCS , the mounting that you fix the poly bush seems to have the bolt jammed though so they are saying that they don't want to risk snapping it off , will it be ok not to put that poly bush on ?

Hi Michael,
Sorry to hear your bad news.
When I had my downpipe fitted they let the engine cool down for an hour to minimise the bolts snapping. No doubt your chaps will be using penetrating oil to soak the threads.
The prop shaft has to be removed to allow access to remove and refit the downpipe. My chaps did it all from underneath but some of the bolts can be accessed from the top with an extension on the socket. If they do this they will need to remove your intake and the aluminium heat shield you installed. Lend them the 24mm socket you bought as they probably will not have one with 12 points.
Regarding the Powerflex bush, watch this video of where it goes. Remember I told you about the stretch bolt.

Regarding installation of the bush, you do not need to remove the dogbone, only the long bolt in the middle of the existing bush. Lubricate the yellow bush with copper grease etc then it just pushes in and then bolts up as in the photos. You need to make sure that you have the correct shaped bush as I think they changed in 2008.
Cheers,
Peter

Last edited:
The long bolt is on very tight with a torque of 100Nm plus 90 degrees for a new bolt. I found that it sharpened up gear changes and I think BCS offer it to reduce engine movement thus less strain on the exhaust.

Thanks for that video Peter , I will show it to them , they are saying the centre bolt it going really tight on them and they are worried it could snap, the rest of the exhaust is now all off and the bcs will go on in the morning, hopefully !!

They can't get the main bolt out so not even tried to fit the bush , the one i got of Callum 4545 was off his 2011 car , mine is a 2008 car.

I am pleased that the guys are concerned they may snap the bolt rather than just go like crazy and then snap it , tbh i was surprised how much the underside of the car has suffered the weather considering it has spent most of its life up in Scotland , i am changing the arbs next .

Siezed or ****** bolts are a real pain.

Luckily I've never had to deal with them,but I know a man who has.
It's a shame in a way that more of these connections aren't V-banded,but I suppose it would add to costs.

I had a bcs on my old S3 and the bush has to be fitted as the downpipe will knock on the bulk head but they do sound so nice.

Not sure how people do this without garage facilities and a ramp lift as the mechanics I am using have had a real nightmare with fitting this exhaust , it is still not quite finished but hopefully in the next hour it will be , they managed to remove the bolt holding the dog mounting and have fitted the power flex and a new stretch bolt .

Just one thing , what happens to the pipe that is removed from the old vacuum type thing on the oem box , do they just block it off ?

All sorted , sounds fantastic , don't think the guys want to do another in a hurry though lol , top lads though cost me £260 all in including a new oem 02 sensor so more than happy with that , bring on stage 2+

Reactions: S3Alex
Just booked in with R Tech on the 10th August for a stage 2+

Just need someone to fit my rs4 fuel valve now first .

Try AKS tuning in Bedford.

Reactions: MICHAEL PARKER
Not sure how people do this without garage facilities and a ramp lift as the mechanics I am using have had a real nightmare with fitting this exhaust

I could not see an easy way to fit the bush with the car just on the drive so I contacted an ex pupil of mine who works at a local tyre fitting place.
The car went on the ramp and I did the work with the chap handing me the tools. The ramp time only cost me £15!

I think the main problems the guys had was releasing nuts and bolts , they are very good technicians and very experienced , they also didn't want me to end up with a huge bill which i really appreciate , its like anything if you are doing it every day you could do it with your eyes shut .
As i was leaving i told them that i had just ordered front and rear H&R arbs , the look on their faces made me laugh lol .

Crikey Michael, there is no stopping you.
Has your car got spacers on and is your Quattro sticker the version found on the Audi S1?

Lol Peter , the car has a full set of H&R spacers on yes , the Quattro stickers were found on the bay .