Project S3 FUM build .

Lol Peter , the car has a full set of H&R spacers on yes , the Quattro stickers were found on the bay .

Please can you let me know the width of the spacers and are the stickers the genuine Audi versions?
P.

the fronts are 12mm and the rears 15mm , the side graphics were about £7 and are excellent quality , Audi wanted £30 , I can't tell the difference tbh .

Went to Rockingham raceway today for the Japfest show just for fun , car flies already but eml came on on the way back lol , can i fit the gfb dv+ now or should i wait until i get the remap done ?

Get it on now!
Give the main brass piston a good lube with new engine oil and check it slides into the housing smoothly. Rotate the brass piston round in the black housing with the big spring in place until you find the sweet spot with the least rubbing.
Take care as you offer the unit onto the DV mount as the brass piston will try and drop out so you need to keep it in place with one finger as you move it into place. Otherwise the brass piston will drop out onto the ground and no doubt get dented!

Get it on now!
Give the main brass piston a good lube with new engine oil and check it slides into the housing smoothly. Rotate the brass piston round in the black housing with the big spring in place until you find the sweet spot with the least rubbing.
Take care as you offer the unit onto the DV mount as the brass piston will try and drop out so you need to keep it in place with one finger as you move it into place. Otherwise the brass piston will drop out onto the ground and no doubt get dented!

Ok I will have a go at trying to fit it .

When I collected my car on Friday I noticed a fluttering between gear changes and now this has stopped , would it be anything with the standard dv ?

I think coke could be a lot cheaper than this game lol

Reactions: Cambaines and S3Alex
All booked in at AKS Tuning next Friday for the Arbs, rs4 fuel valve fitted and R8 coil packs /iridium plugs.

Reactions: S3Alex
All booked in at AKS Tuning next Friday for the Arbs, rs4 fuel valve fitted and R8 coil packs /iridium plugs.

Sounds good mate.

I'd be interested in knowing how much they charge you for fitting the RS4 FPRV if you wouldn't mind sending me a PM please. Saw some people say they got quoted £200 but I would expect it to be more around the £100 mark.

Sounds good mate.

I'd be interested in knowing how much they charge you for fitting the RS4 FPRV if you wouldn't mind sending me a PM please. Saw some people say they got quoted £200 but I would expect it to be more around the £100 mark.
The guys are doing 5 hours of work on my car so we have agreed a fixed deal in all the work .

Early start tomorrow as off down to Aylesbury to see Jack @Royal Steering Wheels as he has done me a wheel so having it fitted , pics to follow .

Reactions: -Ju- and S3Alex
Every time I log in you've done something else! lol

Interested to see the pics. It's something I've wanted to do for a while but not had your enthusiasm!

Reactions: MICHAEL PARKER
That's my mind made up then.
Looks superb!

Reactions: MICHAEL PARKER, Jake 61 and S3Alex
Go for it buddy , feels so much better than the oem wheel .
I've dropped them a message!
Its something I've been mulling over for a while tbh as my wheels a little shiny now

I've dropped them a message!
Its something I've been mulling over for a while tbh as my wheels a little shiny now

I need to think about this too for DSG time.

That work looks superb.

Just one thing since the battery was off my windows are not one touch opening and closing , also not doing the convenience , will they relearn or do I have to do something to them ?

You can reset them by cycling through the open and closing while holding the switch as the glass is moving. Keep the switch held for a couple of seconds each way after the glass stops. That should relearn it

You can reset them by cycling through the open and closing while holding the switch as the glass is moving. Keep the switch held for a couple of seconds each way after the glass stops. That should relearn it
OK many thanks I will have a go at that buddy .

I think the whiteline alk is the most popular.
I've had mine in the garage for 6 months.
I actually took them out of the box this morning looked outside at the rain and put them away again.

The only reason i ask is because AKS are fitting my arbs and i thought they could fit an alk kit at the same time maybe , kills two birds with one stone .

Definitely do it at the same time, will save on a realignment should you do it after

What are the Powerflex alk kits like or should i buy the superpro ones ?
If you are also fitting the SuperPro front alloy arms I think they fit better with the SuperPro ALK. There was some chatter on the US forums that the Whiteline bush deteriorates further than the SuperPro.

If you are also fitting the SuperPro front alloy arms I think they fit better with the SuperPro ALK. There was some chatter on the US forums that the Whiteline bush deteriorates further than the SuperPro.

I have the Superpro kit on mine....

All of these things are worth doing,and with the suspension down,the bushes and ALK are dfinitely best done at that time.
Don't expect a huge difference though.....it's nowhere near as obvious as the ARBs are.

do you get the alk's with tha

All of these things are worth doing,and with the suspension down,the bushes and ALK are dfinitely best done at that time.
Don't expect a huge difference though.....it's nowhere near as obvious as the ARBs are.
Do you get the alk's with the wishbone kit Alex or do you have to buy them separately ?

I actually found the ALK very noticeable ...

do you get the alk's with tha

Do you get the alk's with the wishbone kit Alex or do you have to buy them separately ?

I actually bought the whole lot together bushes and all.

I think you can buy the ALK separately but don't quote me!

I actually found the ALK very noticeable ...

I honestly didn't but so much else has been done that it would be difficult to compare.

Like with the Haldex controller....it does help but it's not huge whereas I found a new diff made a very big difference and changing the TC software did as well.

All our cars are different and we perceive changes differently too.