Project S3 FUM build .

Thanks for information mate, I think that the following link is what you're on about: https://www.bar-tek-tuning.de/pilotlager-02m-getriebe-billetshaft

I will be getting my Spec 2+ clutch & steel SMF fitted when my stock clutch goes which will be sometime later this year, early next year I imagine as I'm at stage 2 now and the car has hit 60K. Already got a few bits I want doing at the same time such as short shifter, 42DD bushings, Fluidampr engine damper etc. so wasn't looking to spend anymore as I'm trying to save for stage 2+ parts. Guess I'll just have to see how I get on as not all SMF owners are reporting this problem, hope I'm one of the lucky one's but doubt it!

This doesn't seem to have been a problem with Spec clutches for whatever reason,but was a real problem with the Loba/Sachs SMF clutch.

Reactions: HHS3
Headlights and rear lights tinted , very pleased with the result , very professional work .
IMG 6404
IMG 6405

Niiice looking good mate, what method was used?

They have used film , really good job , you can't even see where they have done them apart from the fact that they are now darker , I went for the medium tint .

They've done a mint job, tinted lights are a must on the S3, especially if it's dark as it just looks so much better (need to update my pic with them done).

Looks good mate.

Re 4th gear at high rpm, is thay trying to engage into 4th or disengage from 4th?

Looks good mate.

Re 4th gear at high rpm, is thay trying to engage into 4th or disengage from 4th?
Its only going into 4th above 6500 rpm and only once in a blue moon tbh, i may get the gearbox strengthened and the input staft modification done at some point .

Reactions: kash_v
Loba hybrid had just gone back from BBT , it's as new now , new bearing and new seal , oil had been bypassing the seal . Fantastic service from BBT and great price as well , it's as good as new now .
IMG 6433
IMG 6434
IMG 6435

Reactions: S., leshkin, S3Alex and 2 others
Had my roof bars wrapped in Matt black today , Tintz and Wrapz in Grantham have fine a great job .
IMG 6503
IMG 6504
IMG 6505

She's looking ace mate.

Would you be tempted to de-wiper it?

Um, rear wiper delete plug has just arrived , who's idea was that lol :)

Reactions: HHS3 and kash_v
Um, rear wiper delete plug has just arrived , who's idea was that lol :)

Haha woops, easily done! I find applying Rain-x helps to a certain degree but as long as your car gets cleaned at least twice a month then it doesn't really become much of a problem, it's definitely worth it though as it finishes off the back nicely.

The only thing left I'd change would be to have gloss black B-Pillars. I've only got the part numbers for the 3-door version but you can always wrap them which is cheaper. Sorry for giving you more ideas on how to spend your money :grimacing:

Nice.

If you don't mind asking which ones did you get and how much was your wallet hurt? Might need those in the future..

IMG 6563
IMG 6562
IMG 6561
Ok so just carried out a service on my sons Corsa 1.4 turbo black edition and fitted my rear wiper delete plug , I had the cut the old wiper arm off as it would not shift , looks load better I think .

Reactions: HHS3 and dg-1984
IMG 6579
IMG 6580

Just been making a suitable mount for my boost gauge , turned out quite well .

Reactions: S.
Looks great bud awesome motor, you need to lose those skirt stickers though. Too Max Power! (imo)

Just spent a fair few hours reading this. Unreal car you have mate. Spent a lot of hard work and cash on it. Fair play. Once i get one id love to spend even 1/4 on what you have haha

Many thanks to Mike aka mjr901 for supplying my new RS3 diffuser , all fitted today , looks great , here's some pics

Diffuser looks good mate, any more pics or guide on how to do it?
I've read you need to cut the s3 diffuser and bond the rs3 one to it.

Ok , its been a while since I posted , car is going to Allumy motorsport on the 4th May for a full Vibratechnics engine mount and dogmounts fitment , they are also going to carry out a full wheel alignment for me , then off to AKS on the 21st June for the Loba 04xx to be fitted along with a few other parts ,it will then be off to R tech and left with them for the week so that Niki can get the best from the car , He has told me it should achieve around 450 bhp and 450 lbs torque which should suffice for a while , I have also fitted one of the R Tech rear braces which has made a huge difference to the rigidity of the car , off to Donnington Park as well for the Audi Tuner show and I have 2 hours of track time booked so looking forward to that .

Reactions: psmurphy, HHS3, S3Alex and 2 others
Sounds good. And decent power figures them. Id be more than happy with that on tap.

Absolutely loads of work being done over the last 2 weeks at AKS , hopefully back very soon , base map is being loaded as we speak .
IMG 0041
IMG 0054

Reactions: S. and samuelh_888
Loba 04xx
RFD
Inlets walnut blasted
80mm induction mod
CTS throttle pipe
AKS meth spacers
RS3 8v injectors
165 bar Frv
Decat
Ttrs lpfp
Balance shaft delete
Several other things that I have forgot as well .

Reactions: HHS3, S3Alex and S.